Cyprus in Pictures - September 2023

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Cyprus in Pictures - September 2023

Post by Dominic »

We post a daily "Kalimera" picture to Facebook on a topical theme. I thought it would be nice to give them greater exposure, so have combined them into a monthly article. The pictures here are now viewable in their original Landscape glory. So take a look at a selection of pictures we feel summarises how September has been in our corner of Cyprus.

Read the article and chat about it below...

cyprus-in-pictures-2309_masthead.jpg
cyprus-in-pictures-2309_masthead.jpg (123.26 KiB) Viewed 2888 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
AVO

Re: Cyprus in Pictures - September 2023

Post by AVO »

It's lovely to get your daily "Kalimera" photo in my Facebook feed. As well as the familiar places, it's good to see a few I don't know, as well as seeing how things like the paths, Old Town and motorway are developing. Exciting times - I'm looking forward to seeing a few places at Christmas - and especially walking the coastal path to Lighthouse and Venus.

The photo you used is a great favourite. After a 40 minute walk in from the hotel, it's great to sit at Mar Bianco (centre) on those sofas, have a coffee and watch the world go by.
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit (Max Ehrmann - “Desiderata”)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The hard part is balancing between familiarity and originality.

If I posted just pictures of the sea front area, it would be more popular, but boring for me and regular viewers. If I posted just pictures of the countryside and coast around Paphos, it would be less popular, because less people are interested in those areas.

It used to drive me nuts, but it is what it is.

This is why I think Ineia's plans for tourism in the Akamas are doomed even before they begin. Most people - and I am solely basing this on viewing figures of respective pictures and articles - just aren't that interested in the Akamas, compared to Paphos City.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

A delicate balance indeed but suits me as my wife enjoys the touristy bloggs & I enjoy your more adventurous travels