Fly Again

This section is for POSITIVE RECOMMENDATIONS ONLY. If you have something bad to say about a company or individual, contact them via their facebook page. Bonus points will be awarded for recommendations which include an address and contact information.
Ramone

Fly Again

Post by Ramone »

Had a lovely afternoon in the Fly Again.
Very good menu and a perfect place to eat on any afternoon. They are obviously open at night.
The draught Guinness is on par with O'Neals which is the best Guinness in town. ( Paphos)
Throughly enjoyed the day out, half hour drive from Pegia.
Enjoy!
geoffreys

Re: Fly Again

Post by geoffreys »

Ramone wrote: Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:57 pm Had a lovely afternoon in the Fly Again.
Very good menu and a perfect place to eat on any afternoon. They are obviously open at night.
The draught Guinness is on par with O'Neals which is the best Guinness in town. ( Paphos)
Throughly enjoyed the day out, half hour drive from Pegia.
Enjoy!
We are coming over in a couple weeks, address of this eatery plase.
Thanks
Geoff.
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Geoff try Google - dont be lazy
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

HA HA HA. :lol:

Trev..
Trev..
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

5 mins out of Polis on the coast road.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

merchant_banker, please stop telling people to google things. Besides, if the address is posted here, it will be helpful for other people too.

We ate at Fly Again recently too. The Schnitzel was delicious. It is actually on the main sea road near that old armoured vehicle I blogged about a couple of weeks ago.

In fact, if you check out page 2 of the blog article, you will see a map of the area, which actually shows the Fly Again.

Turn to page 2
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

Dominic wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2017 7:55 am merchant_banker, please stop telling people to google things. Besides, if the address is posted here, it will be helpful for other people too.

We ate at Fly Again recently too. The Schnitzel was delicious. It is actually on the main sea road near that old armoured vehicle I blogged about a couple of weeks ago.

In fact, if you check out page 2 of the blog article, you will see a map of the area, which actually shows the Fly Again.

Turn to page 2
Thank you Dominic.
Geoff.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

In the same Argaka vicinity is another nice eatery run by an elderly Cypriot couple, affectionately known as Jack and Gladys to the ex-pats.

Halfway House it's called, if memory serves me correctly, on account of it being half way between Polis and Pomos (on the right, coming from Polis, on the main coast road). Tables are all outside under a canopy of grape vines.

Limited menu, but we've eaten there on a couple of birthday occasions, and the Pork Chops with fat chips and salad are to die for! Very good value, as well !!! I wonder if it's still there?

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Hudswell wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:26 pm If you "city boys" are coming all the way out to the sticks...it's worth driving down another Km or so to the Santa Barbara, just as you come out of Argaka. The outside dining area sat just off the beach is just fantastic and the sunset perfect. George, the owner and chef is Greek and the dishes have a Greek twist, the Kleftico served in a pot is delicious. Andrea, his wife is English and has put her mark on the place, especially the inside of the main building, which is a lovely place to dine in the cooler months....The Brandy Sour is one of the best I have had.
Was one of my favorite places to enjoy a nice fish & chips (cod) at lunchtime with a couple of Keo's....two times a week.
Max
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Hudswell wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:47 pm George took over two, perhaps almost 3 years ago I think...if you haven't been since he has you should try it. We went on Sunday just for a drink and it was full of mainly Cypriot "tourists". They also have a wind surf and board renting facility and of course umbrellas and chairs on the beach. The Fly again have developed a little beach front seating area as well, and as nice as the Guinness is, its not a patch on Santa Barbara, there are some nice little eateries along that streach now..
Last time I was in the area was 2009, so quite a time....

Max
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

Half way house is still there Al don't know when you were last there but it's been rebuilt into a lovely little eating place
Jack is semi-retired now but often helps out when they are busy great place and a very nice family
garry
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Must have been late August 2003 on a Saturday (my Birthday), the day after my daughter was married in Peyia! Thanks for that update, Garry (and Gill), it's good to know that it's still up and running and improved and that you recommend it!

Let's hope some other PL members give the Halfway a lunchtime or evening try, eh? It's only 10 mins NE out of Polis on the right, by the coast over the road...

Cheers- AL :D
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

PaphosAL wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:04 pm Must have been late August 2003 on a Saturday (my Birthday), the day after my daughter was married in Peyia! Thanks for that update, Garry (and Gill), it's good to know that it's still up and running and improved and that you recommend it!

Let's hope some other PL members give the Halfway a lunchtime or evening try, eh? It's only 10 mins NE out of Polis on the right, by the coast over the road...

Cheers- AL :D
It would not be a good idea to go to the Halfway House in the evening, as (certainly in 2017) they close at around 4.00 pm.
garry&jill

Post by garry&jill »

At the moment they only open during the day just the family there, no outside staff
but always have time to chat it's Jack's son and daughter-in- law a really lovely couple
garry
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Santa Barbara, which is our closest watering hole, have just extended their menu, which George had been promising since the start of the year. We love going there but were disappointed to see there has been a price increase of about 12.5%, which is a shame as it was already the most expensive place in Argaka. Undoubtedly high standards, and excellent service, and fabulous position, but the bill was something of a shock the other day.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Paphos Al. I would be interested to know when you were last over here in Cyprus? Although I understand that you are hoping to make another visit..
Trev..
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Was in the Halfway House last week, chicken souvlaki was fantastic, love this place so friendly and good inexpensive food. Going back there tomorrow for lunch.

Allan.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Jamboal wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:19 pm Was in the Halfway House last week, chicken souvlaki was fantastic, love this place so friendly and good inexpensive food. Going back there tomorrow for lunch.

Allan.
Hi Allan, can I suggest you start a separate thread for the Halfway House? That way it will get the publicity it deserves, rather than be tacked on to the end of a thread about another restaurant.

Don't be shy. :)
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Dominic wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:30 pm Hi Allan, can I suggest you start a separate thread for the Halfway House? That way it will get the publicity it deserves, rather than be tacked on to the end of a thread about another restaurant.

Don't be shy. :)
Jolly good idea, Dominic, thanks! AL :)