Curved TVs

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
aphrodite

Re: Curved TVs

Post by aphrodite »

Our current TV is a Tosh 32" Regza Full HD 1080p LCD so I don't want to go backwards.

Thanks again for all the assistance, will be going along to Stephanis on Thursday well armed with knowledge and able (I Hope) to hold my own! :D
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

aphrodite wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:07 am Our current TV is a Tosh 32" Regza Full HD 1080p LCD so I don't want to go backwards.

Thanks again for all the assistance, will be going along to Stephanis on Thursday well armed with knowledge and able (I Hope) to hold my own! :D
I'd echo the earlier advice...

Take your DVD player under your arm and a couple of your favourite movies. Ask to plug it in and test it on a 4K HDR set and see what a 'standard' programme looks like. If it is okay then you are buying 'state-of the-art' technology - not that it won't be out of date soon enough!

If you buy another 1080p set you are already behind the curve when you walk out of the shop with it.

Talking of curves (did you see what I did there?), almost all the major manufacturers have dropped curved TVs and 3D sets.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

That segue was flawless.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2017 11:14 am That segue was flawless.
:P
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Thank you once again for providing additional helpful info, I'm still in a quandary as to what I will go for but I guess I'll know once it's there in front of me. X