Phone points

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Sashascot

Phone points

Post by Sashascot »

I have only one phone point and would like another two. Any recommendations ? I live in Chlorakas.
J B

Re: Phone points

Post by J B »

Would cordless phones be simpler?
J B
WHL

Post by WHL »

Flossie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:34 am It used to be that only Cyta engineers could install extra phone sockets, so it may be worth checking if that's still the case.
The Cyta engineers only work, up to where their cables enter your property, everything inside is up to private tradespeople.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

WHL wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:46 am
Flossie wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:34 am It used to be that only Cyta engineers could install extra phone sockets, so it may be worth checking if that's still the case.
The Cyta engineers only work, up to where their cables enter your property, everything inside is up to private tradespeople.
That's how I understand it; here in Cyprus electrians install the cables and boxes inside the property wereas in the UK Telecom Engineers install them.

Jim
WHL

Post by WHL »

I had the Cyta guys in our House recently, doing some upgrade to the internet, and I asked them if they could do some work for me, they said I had to get my own electrician, because their responsibility stops at the front door.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

J B wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:39 am Would cordless phones be simpler?
Bearing in mind the problems I've had with cordless phones - and have still not resolved the issue (i.e I haven't found the right cordless phones for the job), be careful!

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=7720