Anyone see the Panorama programme last night?

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
tyelaw47

Re: Anyone see the Panorama programme last night?

Post by tyelaw47 »

I did see the programme HIC.I agree with you that the PM did come across well although I thought the programme itself was rather disjointed and I also agree re Nick Robinson.I don't think I agree with you that the EU are trying to help her out,rather that they are realising that they have to be more flexible for their own good- really just as David Davies has said all along that they would string us along until the last minute.As I keep saying - the art of negotiation!
I also am in two minds about the Chequers deal as I really don't have the expertise to fully understand if it is the best achievable outcome.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Lloyd and tyelaw47

You may recall that Nick Robinson was away from the BBC news not so long ago suffering from cancer of the throat and could hardly speak hence the leave of absence. Do you think possibly that is why he does not wear a tie i.e. the neck is still painful? Otherwise I agree with your sentiments re tie wearing in general.

Rita
tyelaw47

Post by tyelaw47 »

Thank you Rita. I did not know that.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

Just off topic, the scruffy look is definitely in. Have you seen any UK police programmes recently, what a scruffy looking lot, baseball caps, sweaters and beards seem to be the norm. Sadly nurses no longer look like nurses either, my daughter, a senior midwife wears a navy blue cotton trouser suit, with an identity label round her neck, just awful. I know the NHS is strapped for cash, but how sad to see the end of starched white hats and aprons.

Jackie

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Lloyd

I agree that the person wearing the uniform is the most important thing obviously, but I wouldn't stretch the current changes in uniforms as 'fashion', more like how cheaply can we clothe them for, and yes the starched hats and aprons are 'olde worlde' but you have to admit did give the wearer some dignity.

A changing world yes, not always for the best sadly.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Remember Ray Gosling, he was a right scruff, but definitely got the message across with his gritty documentaries

https://www.google.com.cy/url?sa=i&rct= ... 1522145489
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy