Brexit and Trump have been great for satire

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
OhSusana

Brexit and Trump have been great for satire

Post by OhSusana »

Whatever your political opinion, it cannot be denied that the Brexit vote and the election of Trump have been great for satire; but the later more than the former. Perhaps the British are more reserved in their criticism than their colleagues across the pond?

Alec Baldwin steps up his savage lampooning of Donald Trump in record 17th Saturday Night Live host appearance
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2017/02/1 ... ald-trump/
....With the aid of dolls “Spicer” demonstrated what extreme vetting meant. The blond Barbie doll entered without a hitch, the black doll was despatched to Guantanamo Bay....

Private Eye flourishes in satire's new golden age of ridicule
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2017/ ... e-ridicule
...Sales of Private Eye are up 9% year on year, and its Christmas issue was the biggest seller in the title’s 55-year-history, shifting 287,334 copies...

The 21 funniest jokes about Donald Trump
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comedy/comed ... ald-trump/

Donald Trump has at least made American satire great again – but why didn’t Brexit do the same for Britain?
http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 70566.html
geoffreys

Re: Brexit and Trump have been great for satire

Post by geoffreys »

I suppose it is seen as good fun by some to treat two such serious issues with dis-respect!
If you don't like the news poo poo it.
Yuck!
Geoff.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Cheer up, Mr Meldrew Sir! Here is your hero!!

And here, one of your heroes.... mm... Which one, I wonder?!

geoffreys

Post by geoffreys »

geoffreys wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:19 am I suppose it is seen as good fun by some to treat two such serious issues with dis-respect!
Yuck!
Geoff.
Touche!
Viktor.
Steve - SJD

Post by Steve - SJD »

geoffreys wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:19 am I suppose it is seen as good fun by some to treat two such serious issues with dis-respect!
Yuck!
Geoff.
I'm sure you're quoting from The Donald school of politics?? ;-)
Road Warrior wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:39 am Some may find the language mildly offensive :
Like!! :-)

Cheers

Steve
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Road Warrior wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:39 am Some may find the language mildly offensive :
Oops, wrong link, this is the one :D
oooh... I don't know. Soooo offensive... geeeeeze.... maybe we should report this to the moderator... mmmm..

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutely brilliant. Superb! Thanks for this, Road Warrior!!
keving

Post by keving »

Oops, wrong link, this is the one :D
Brilliant RW. Thanks for posting
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

One things for sure, all those Trump haters have been incredibly quiet on Mr. Bercows disgusting comments. Some people take hypocrisy to new lows.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

He wrote that garbage over 30 years ago though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

geoffreys wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:44 pm
geoffreys wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:19 am I suppose it is seen as good fun by some.....
Touche!
Viktor.
Monsieur Victor Meldrew. Le bon humeur... :lol:
Me thinks le double entendre.
Mais Le Monsieur Trump - he not just accuse of a bit of touche

Donald Trump accusé d'attouchements par plusieurs femmes - as reported by Le Figaro, no less.
Non non non... Monsieur Trump .... he likes to «attraper les femmes par la chatte» ....
I would write this in English (Grab women by the pussy) but it is probably too offensive for les gens.
In full -
Et quand vous êtes une star, elles vous laissent faire, vous pouvez faire tout ce que vous voulez. Les attraper par la chatte, faire ce que vous voulez.» .... Absolutement... que vous voulez... Monsieur Trump is Une star. He can do what he wants.

Personnellement, if Le Monsieur Trump tried to grab me by la chatte, I would shoot his f****** brains out.
And I think you would probably do the same if he attacked one of your daughters in the same way.
Jimgym I realise would probably ask for his autograph.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:58 pm He wrote that garbage over 30 years ago though.
And? Do you think anyone who hated Trump would let that stop them using it against him? Trump made his disgusting remarks about grabbing women by the pussy in 2005, so is there a benchmark when things said automatically become inoffensive? Again it comes down to hypocrisy and that is shameful.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Trump made his remarks when he was head of his empire. Bercow made his when he was a 23 year old idiot.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

OhSusana wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:25 pm
geoffreys wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:44 pm
geoffreys wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:19 am I suppose it is seen as good fun by some.....
Touche!
Viktor.
Monsieur Victor Meldrew. Le bon humeur... :lol:
Me thinks le double entendre.
Mais Le Monsieur Trump - he not just accuse of a bit of touche

Donald Trump accusé d'attouchements par plusieurs femmes - as reported by Le Figaro, no less.
Non non non... Monsieur Trump .... he likes to «attraper les femmes par la chatte» ....
I would write this in English (Grab women by the pussy) but it is probably too offensive for les gens.
In full -
Et quand vous êtes une star, elles vous laissent faire, vous pouvez faire tout ce que vous voulez. Les attraper par la chatte, faire ce que vous voulez.» .... Absolutement... que vous voulez... Monsieur Trump is Une star. He can do what he wants.

Personnellement, if Le Monsieur Trump tried to grab me by la chatte, I would shoot his f****** brains out.
And I think you would probably do the same if he attacked one of your daughters in the same way.
Jimgym I realise would probably ask for his autograph.
Oh dear, you attack me instead of commenting on the article. How sadly typical of you. In fact I wouldn't ask for his autograph, as I think he is a disgusting human being. Again, I ask, why not comment on Mr. Bercow and the truly vile things he said? Are they any better or worse that Trumps vile utterings? It's become almost embarrassing that certain posters on here who are normally so vocal have suddenly become so very, very quiet. What a great pity though that you've shown yourself to possess such double standards. You have my utmost pity, obviously needed.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Dominic wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:44 pm Trump made his remarks when he was head of his empire. Bercow made his when he was a 23 year old idiot.
So? How do you know he was an idiot? Anyone can use that as an excuse, an incredibly poor one at that! What Bercow said was disgusting, yet none of those on here who are so very very quick to slate Trump have said a word, not one. Now, as much as I dislike Trump, and the things he has said and is doing, I hate hypocrites as well. In my opinion it demeans not only them but their argument.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Jimgym. I think the history channel has a chat site that you might like.
https://www.wireclub.com/topics/shows,history_channel
You can discuss the Vikings on there also.

As for the 21st century - looks like Her Majesty has been getting in on the act also :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

Once again you avoid commenting on Bercow and once again you show your hypocrisy. My sympathies to you.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

An Austrian friend told me to look at this video. I think he is in love with the lead singer! But that besides -

Look during the last minute - and who is dancing along! Amazing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lktuR-rzTqQ

Jimgym. I haven't frankly the faintest idea what you are going on about. I can see no link in this thread, which is about Brexit and Trump and comedy.
Bercow? Who is he? Some British twit who is leaving his post shortly. Something he said and or did when he was a student? A student?! Geeeeze man. What is your problem? Grasping at straws or what!!!
And you are equating this to Trump and his psychotic behaviour today - yes - today - as President? Yes. President; of the United States of America, a country with maybe the largest nuclear arsenal in the world?
A complete nutter who could launch a nuclear war if you criticised his hair style? Are you really being serious?!

As for your "sympathy", I would save it for Trump's psychiatrist, because, he/she is really going to need it!!!
Last edited by OhSusana on Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

The only one grasping is you, sad to watch but there you go. You show your utter hypocrisy each time you post. Have you ever though of a career in fiction writing? You certainly have a vivid imagination, if a slightly warped one, but I'm sure there's a market for your musings, somewhere.
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

What precisely are you talking about??!!
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

Incidentally, this is Politics for Moderates, so please try and stay away from personal insults and state something serious - or funny..