Restaurant recommendations for Christmas/New Year period?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
AVO

Restaurant recommendations for Christmas/New Year period?

Post by AVO »

As I mentioned in my intro post, I spend every Christmas and New Year at the Aquamare with a fairly large group (c. 20) of middle-aged single people (Saga louts)! ;)

On four evenings each week we eat in the hotel, and the food is pretty good especially for the gala dinners on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. On the other three evenings we eat out at our own expense.

There are usually a couple of pilgrimages: on Christmas Day we usually go to Muse for a late lunch; and at some point in the trip we will inevitably go to Costa’s Taverna at Koloni.

Other mezes I have had and enjoyed were at the Agora near Kennedy Square and the Hadjiomorfo up at Mesogi. Namaste, Chloe’s, Braai Lodge and Ocean Basket are all favourites for a change from hotel buffet and meze. I’ve also eaten at Hondros and The Moorings and enjoyed both. If we are out in Kato Paphos we tend to use the restaurants around the harbour for a light/snack lunch, but not usually dinner.

So, apart from those are there any local gems you would recommend? Thanks! 8-)
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit (Max Ehrmann - “Desiderata”)
Yioula

Re: Restaurant recommendations for Christmas/New Year period?

Post by Yioula »

Welcome to this very helpful forum

These are in the Old Town (lunchtime) Kiniras Hotel and Laona (evening) Koutourou Ouzeri and Palia Llektnki

maybe open Kato Paphos Ficado Restaurant Happy Island and Porto Bello

Kouklia village Gabriel’s

My apologies if they aren’t open I would enquire beforehand
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

It depends on what type of meal you want, but for a true taste of Greek Cypriot food, I would recommend Seven St George, in Geroskipou.

It was a favourite for quite a few years with all my family, when we lived there, and judging by recent reviews, it remains one of the best.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
AVO

Post by AVO »

Many thanks for the recommendations. Because I go every year, I do tend to end up in a familiar round of restaurants. I like all the ones I mentioned, but it’s good to try something different.
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit (Max Ehrmann - “Desiderata”)