Evening all, new member from UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
AVO

Evening all, new member from UK

Post by AVO »

Kalispera! 8-)

My name is Steve and I’m a mostly retired teacher from Norfolk, but please don’t hold that against me.

I’m a fan of Cyprus, and especially Paphos. I have been spending Christmas and New Year there for the last few years, travelling with a singles company and staying at the Aquamare Hotel. I usually hire a car for a few days, so I’ve been to quite a few places and I am particularly fond of the historical sites.

I’ve been following Dominic on Facebook for a few months but only found the website and forum a few days ago, so I’m looking forward to gaining further knowledge. I’m all booked again for this year, so I’ll be out in less than three months! :D
Take nothing but photos, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time.

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit (Max Ehrmann - “Desiderata”)
Jimgym

Re: Evening all, new member from UK

Post by Jimgym »

Welcome to the forum!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Welcome from me as well Steve. You will find lots of information on here. Enjoy your Winter Break
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Welcome Steve, enjoy the forum.
Louise :)
WHL

Post by WHL »

Welcome, this is a great forum, ask away.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sorry it took so long to approve your membership. There is now so much bot activity that there are literally hundreds of requests a day, so the legitimate new accounts get drowned out by the nonsense.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

This is a brilliant forum Steve, have a wonderful time in beautiful Cyprus.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
AVO

Post by AVO »

Dominic wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2023 11:11 am Sorry it took so long to approve your membership. There is now so much bot activity that there are literally hundreds of requests a day, so the legitimate new accounts get drowned out by the nonsense.
No worries, Dominic, and thank you. I’m so glad to see that the walk from the castle to Lighthouse beach is opening up again.

My favourite walk (preferably in company) is from the Aquamare to the seafront, coffee at the Mar Bianco, round to Lighthouse, up to KA Mall, down St Paul’s Ave, lunch on the front or by the harbour, then back for a lazy afternoon in the sun or the sauna! About 10 kilometres. I missed it so much last year. I hope they find a good location for Sol Alter (the girl on the rocks) - my favourite bronze!

Thanks for the welcome, good people! 8-)

Avoid loud and aggressive persons; they are vexatious to the spirit (Max Ehrmann - “Desiderata”)
Tremigirl

Post by Tremigirl »

Welcome
We are from Norfolk, King’s Lynn, where are you from?
We now live in Cyprus.
AVO

Post by AVO »

Tremigirl wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:07 pm Welcome
We are from Norfolk, King’s Lynn, where are you from?
We now live in Cyprus.
A nice village in South Norfolk which I refer to on social media as Dibley. It kind of fits because everyone is completely bonkers, including me. :mrgreen:

I’m originally from the Midlands and used to spend Christmas with my mother every year, but after she passed away in 2017 I decided to go abroad with my favourite singles holiday company. We normally have a great group and we have a really good time. Our regular host is a Cypriot who lives in Limassol and we have become really good friends over the years.