Compounding pharmacists?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Compounding pharmacists?

Post by kansas »

Does anyone know if there are compounding pharmacists in Paphos or anywhere in Cyprus? The reason I ask is that I can only get a 5mg dosage of a particular medication here in Cyprus but compounding pharmacists can apparently produce a dosage to order by grounding up the tablets and accurately measuring the resulting dosages. I'm happy to cut tablets in half but no smaller as it will affect my tapering schedule.

Thank you
Ancient History

Re: Compounding pharmacists?

Post by Ancient History »

You could try Kleopas Pharmacy just a little further up the road from Sklavenitis,on the same side. Alternatively Ktenas Pharmacy in Nicosia may be able to help.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I have never heard of any in Cyprus, your best bet is to nip into any chemist, they can answer your question.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thank you. Thought I'd ask here before visiting pharmacists......
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

From a web search there appears to be only one compounding pharmacy which is based in Limassol.

Unable to copy text from this link, but the information is about halfway down under the heading 'Pharmaceutical compounding in Cyprus'.

https://www.kiprinform.com/en/cyprus_se ... -limassol/
souniman

Post by souniman »

Text from website
pharmaceutical compounding in Cyprus Stylianos Houvartas is the only compounding pharmacy in Cyprus offering compounded medications, which are made on prescription. Pharmaceutical compounding is the creation of specific medications to fit the particular needs of a patient. The medicines are created according to the prescription of the medical practitioner, by combining certain amount of ingredients and using special tools. compounding pharmacists combine or process appropriate ingredients using various tools. Personalized drugs can be prepared for patients of different age groups according to their health conditions and prescribed treatment plan. Advantages of individually prepared medicines The most important reason why individually prepared drugs are being prescribed is the patient’s intolerance or sensitivity towards the components of readymade medicines available at the regular pharmacy. It may include allergic reactions to dyes, preservative or certain components, difficulties swallowing tablets or capsules etc. Compounding pharmacists are able to adjust medicines to patient’s needs by making certain changes to the manufactured mass-market medications: Eliminate or lower the amount of preservatives, dyes or other components; Disease or increase the dosage of active components depending on patient’s age; Create alternative forms of drugs, such as lozenges, troches, gels, liquids and candies; Add flavors for certain taste, easier use and better ingestion. Pharmaceutical compounding offers a solution to patients, who require certain types of medications, which have been discontinued by pharmaceutical companies or experience a shortage of their regular medication. Professionals of Stylianos Houvartas pharmacy are highly qualified and trained in the science of compounding and have undergone a special training in use of the specialized pharmaceutical compounding equipment.

Read more at: https://www.kiprinform.com/en/cyprus_se ... -limassol/
kansas

Post by kansas »

Many thanks for the additional information. Much appreciated.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

kansas wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2023 5:44 pm Does anyone know if there are compounding pharmacists in Paphos or anywhere in Cyprus? The reason I ask is that I can only get a 5mg dosage of a particular medication here in Cyprus but compounding pharmacists can apparently produce a dosage to order by grounding up the tablets and accurately measuring the resulting dosages. I'm happy to cut tablets in half but no smaller as it will affect my tapering schedule.

Thank you
Are you still with Dr Angeliki? I’m with her on Thursday & sadly I think she may prescribe a course of steroids…struggling at the moment, maybe it’s the heat?
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
kansas

Post by kansas »

Hi Sadie, I've sent you a PM