Aching joints

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Reesy

Aching joints

Post by Reesy »

Can anyone recommend a product that might help this problem.. Thanks
LouiseCastricum

Re: Aching joints

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Maybe it is better to visit a pharmacy as they have lots of experience and knowledge.
Louise :)
kansas

Post by kansas »

Voltaren gel is pretty good.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Try Voltaren gel.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Watch that video about nettles which helps when you have arthritis problems at hands, knees, shoulder etc.

A couple of month ago my landlord, a farmer 65 years old, could not lift his arm anymore due to pain in his shoulder...

I advised him to rub the area of pain with stinging nettle every day and after one week he was pain free and could pruning his wines again without problem. He would not believe it in the first place, however he was so happy afterwards.
He tried everything from the pharmacy before without any result.

Plenty nettles normally grow near goat/sheep farms. Cut off their flowers as they don't do the job.

Max
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I take high strength turmeric and black pepper, I have done for a few years now.

A month or so ago, I did wonder if it was actually doing me any good, so I stopped taking it for a couple of weeks, needless to say, I went straight back onto it, when my pain suddenly increased big time.

I should say that if you are on serious blood thinners, e.g. Warfarin, you should not use it, that said I take a low strength aspirin every day.

I did consult my GP before taking turmeric, and his reply was 'if you can take a herb, rather than analgesics, go for it'.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

An old cypriot remedy is Zivania, rub it into the joints,
Aargent

Post by Aargent »

WHL wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:56 pm An old cypriot remedy is Zivania, rub it into the joints,
Zivania - the Cypriot equivalent of WD 40. Rub it in or drink it, cures everything.
Alastair

Nil illigitimi carborundum
WHL

Post by WHL »

Aargent wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 8:29 am
WHL wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 5:56 pm An old cypriot remedy is Zivania, rub it into the joints,
Zivania - the Cypriot equivalent of WD 40. Rub it in or drink it, cures everything.
Back in the day i had a bad cough didnt feel right, my cypriot next door neighbour gave me a bottle that his family brew up in the mountains, he told me to rub it on my chest and back when i go to bed, i did this, sweated like a horse, but woke up feeling alot better, i still do this if i have a cold .