Interlude

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Interlude

Post by Devil »

This is a poor quality busking video of a third-rate pianist on a third-rate piano in a public space. Ignore the first 40 minutes, which are just rubbish but then he is joined by a 17 year old girl who can sing and I mean really sing. She starts with a rendering of Ava Maria, which is sublime, considering the difficulty she must have had under the circumstances. The poor pianist was really out of his depth but battled on valiantly, even onto a second piece, also well worth the watch.

Dominic: I know you will say that this is not an appropriate place on your forum. It isn't, but it is because I don't believe that the quality of the video justifies it being classed as music, even though the girl's singing is worth the listening.

Uncle D

Re: Interlude

Post by Uncle D »

This guy is a great musician, I've watched him many a time on you tube where he plays mainly Boogie Woogie on train station pianos and invites passers by to join him.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Good pianist and she had a great voice. Most enjoyable. Thanks for sharing Devil.
All things are possible
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Quite probably, he is excellent at boogie-woogie but he is out of his depth with Gounod and Franck. I was surprised that that he even had those scores in this bag!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Nothing wrong with that pianist. If you think he is third rate you need to provide evidence that you are better!

The reason people normally post threads ins specific forums is so that they are easier to find later. This is the advantage that forums have over Facebook. Our Paphos Chat group on Facebook now has about 22,000 members, and they all post to the same page. Facebook search is dire, making it nigh on impossible to find a post later. If you had posted this thread in the music section it would have been much easier to find a few months down the line. However, outside of politics, I don't really care what gets posted in the General section.

Oh and you can include a start time in Youtube clips, if you want to show something that starts 40 minutes in.

https :// www . youtube.com/watch?v=j07LYnEI3N8&t=2400

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Devil wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:15 pm Quite probably, he is excellent at boogie-woogie but he is out of his depth with Gounod and Franck. I was surprised that that he even had those scores in this bag!
Surprised? it's his YouTube channel that brought this singer to your attention, you really are a paper hat.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Street musicians appear in most towns & cities in the UK & as a musician & lover of music I just enjoy their music without criticism
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

jagwheels wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:23 pm Street musicians appear in most towns & cities in the UK & as a musician & lover of music I just enjoy their music without criticism
Those who can't do teach. Those who can't teach, criticise.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Those who can't criticise are curmudgeons!