Paphos Sea Front - What A Mess!

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Paphos Sea Front - What A Mess!

Post by Dominic »

It's all gone a bit critical down at Paphos Seafront. The shopfronts have had a lot of their frontages removed and it is currently in a bit of a pickle. What are the long term plans? Who knows, in this article we just want to survey the scene.

Reasd the article and moan about it below...

paphos-seafront-mess_masthead.jpg
paphos-seafront-mess_masthead.jpg (159.68 KiB) Viewed 1425 times

Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
brengreen

Re: Paphos Sea Front - What A Mess!

Post by brengreen »

Does anyone know what the yellow marks on the ground are for in picture nine on the second page. They seem to be drawn across the base for the palm trees.
Cappielow1

Post by Cappielow1 »

Dominic makes a good point about the rise in the amount of graffiti around Paphos. It really has gotten out of hand, though I've no idea what it says, I've seen swastikas sprayed on some walls.
Someone told me it was football related, but I personally don't know.

Having watched a number of drive around videos on YouTube, it would appear that the villages have also been targeted.

I hope those in power do something about it.
daveg

Post by daveg »

They could visit schools to see if the same graffiti tags appear in any pupils books.....
Graffiti leads to more graffiti, the road bridge just before the end of the motorway at Paphos is a disgusting mess of graffiti,not a great advertisment for the town.....
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Unfortunately at present it looks quite awful with all the signage removed and the businesses not operating hopefully in the coming weeks there will be an improvement before the season starts
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I feel very sorry for the shopkeepers and owners of the affected buildings. It seems very callous to treat them this way. Effectively closing their businesses while this "upgrade" is in progress. These shops and cafes etc rely on tourists for much of their trade. How can they pay their rents and feed their families?
I agree there has been a huge rise in the amount of nonsensical graffiti, not just in Paphos. It's on many of the local road signs, some nearly illegible. The villages of Chloraka and Emba suffer from this form of vandalism too.Why doesn't the Mayor of Paphos, perhaps in conjunction with mayors of the affected villages, get the local government and the police involved in trying to catch the culprits - to do something about this? Instead of plaguing shopkeepers trying to earn an honest living?

Dee