P V System

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Paul

P V System

Post by Paul »

Has anyone else ordered a P V system lately, I have due to the cost of electric.
It’s all in the pipe line and waiting for the ball to start rolling.
Paul
:D
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: P V System

Post by Devil »

I started the ball rolling in December 2019. Not helped by the coronavirus and other setbacks, including a question of interpreting the ownership of the land, the progress of the ball fell drastically. Our application was otherwise perfectly in order for a 4 kW system. Apparently, the EAC must have decided on "all systems go", about six or seven months ago. After further argy-bargy, the EAC accepted my application, about four months ago. I was given the green light to start the installation about three months ago. The PV panels (already paid for) were installed nearly 2 months ago, and awaited the visit of the approving expert – and I'm still waiting – to make the connection with the mains. If you hear a raucous noise, it's my snoring still waiting for action from the EAC. Our installer has no better luck to try and get the expert approving the installation and connecting it up.

Paul, it's very difficult to get the ball to start rolling and, if you manage, you will find that it is so heavy that it moves very, very slowly.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

Hope you have your title deeds
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
Paul

Post by Paul »

read the last paragraph of licensing/installation/commissioning procedure on this web page.
https://www.k-energy.com.cy/photovoltai ... a1219-b767

If you cannot find it here it is.
Applicants should have completed the installation, the inspection and the connection of the Photovoltaic (PV) System to the Grid within 60 working days. In case that the installation, inspection and connection of the Photovoltaic (PV) system to the Grid System are not completed within the 60-day period set, then the approval obtained is no longer in force.
tony&linda

Post by tony&linda »

We had our survey done in November 2021 works was carried out January 2022 pv panel’s commissioned and working end of March 2022 all completed within 6 months

We used green air who did all the paperwork’s etc and very efficiently
Last edited by tony&linda on Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
tony&linda

Post by tony&linda »

We had our survey for PV panels in November 2021 all works completed and commissioned end of March 2022
We used green air who did all the paper works without any issues,

Had our first electric bill €56 very pleased
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

tony&linda wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 5:49 am We had our survey for PV panels in November 2021 all works completed and commissioned end of March 2022
We used green air who did all the paper works without any issues,

Had our first electric bill €56 very pleased
Presumably, you had to pay for some electricity because you had not built up enough credit units..
Trev..
tony&linda

Post by tony&linda »

The €56 payable was mainly made up of meter charges they carried forward 780 credits our bill last year for this period was €296
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

WOW!!! that is a lot of meter charges. Ours are constantly in the region of 31 to 34 euros
Trev..
Paul

Post by Paul »

Had an email there coming in the next week to 10 days to install the PV panels on the roof, they will call to confirm the date.

Paul
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

From other posts it seems like there is then a delay in getting them connected to the 'Grid' :-(
Trev..