Petrol prices to reach €2 per litre

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
galexinda

Petrol prices to reach €2 per litre

Post by galexinda »

Cypriot motorists are in for a financial jolt as petrol station owners warn that pump prices will hit €2 per litre as consumer groups scream profiteering.

In comments to Astra Radio, the spokesperson for the Cyprus Petrol Station Owners, Christodoulos Christodoulou, said petrol prices would increase by at least 20 cents per litre within the next two weeks.

https://www.paphoslife.com/news/petrol_ ... _per_litre
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: Petrol prices to reach €2 per litre

Post by Devil »

No problem! I'm no longer permitted to drive for reason of age! Of course, paying somebody to transport me more than it would have done if I were still able to use my car!
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Re "No problem! I'm no longer permitted to drive for reason of age"

I thought you voluntarily gave up driving .. But now you are saying because of your age you are not allowed to drive.. Is there an age limit for drivers here in Cyprus
Trev..
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Maybe he meant that if he surrendered his driving license?
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

There is no old age limit to driving in Cyprus.
All things are possible
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

To make it clear, I was forced to stop driving by the insurance company I had been using for 25 years. No insurance = no driving, it's as simple as that. Apparently, some insurance companies impose their own age limit for fully comprehensive. I still have a valid driving licence. I don't really know what the legal situation is, as I didn't try to find out because I personally felt the time had come when my standard of driving was starting to fall and I did not want to cause any accidents, so I did not push the problem. I became very Cypriot and shrugged my shoulders and let it go, despite a clean record.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Devil, thanks for posting the update and clarifying your situation
Trev..
ast

Post by ast »

Well Devil if you have decided to pack up as the standard of your driving had dropped then that deserves a pat on the back in my book, there are to many out there still driving at all ages quite happily going around causing mayhem bouncing of everything, well done. 8-)
I started off with nothing and have most of it left !
WHL

Post by WHL »

ast wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 9:05 am Well Devil if you have decided to pack up as the standard of your driving had dropped then that deserves a pat on the back in my book, there are to many out there still driving at all ages quite happily going around causing mayhem bouncing of everything, well done. 8-)
The scariest moment of driving here over many years, was coming back from Larnaca airport a few years ago, and seeing a twin cab coming at me driving on the wrong side of the road, basically I shut my eyes swerved to my left expecting the full on smash, luckily I missed him by the skin of my teeth, unfortunately a lady driving further back wasn't so lucky, the old boy had got on the motorway a few miles before and hadn't realized he was driving on the wrong side of the road,
last year back in the UK, I came off the slip road of the motorway, I stopped at the top waiting to join the roundabout, when an old boy came into the back of me, when I got out to talk to him, I kid you not, the old boy hadn't realized, he had bashed into me even thou half my bumper was hanging off,
Last edited by WHL on Fri May 27, 2022 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I don't know whether it is still the case but I well remember that driving down the wrong side of a motorway or dual carriageway was a daily event in Switzerland, literally daily as it averaged over 300 cases per year. I couldn't understand it then but the signage on the exit roads from the motorway seem to have no effect and large sums of money were spent to discourage drivers from entering the motorways via the exits. I remember taking evasive action at least two or three times and, in one case, there were several deaths.
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Just two weeks ago on the motorway east of Larnaca, on a long sweeping right hand bend between Pyla and Dhekalia, I was overtaking when I saw a pick up truck coming down the hill on the wrong side of the central reservation straight at me, I managed to brake and get behind the car in front as did somene following me and the truck just went by as though nothing was wrong. I looked through the local media expecting to see reports of another fatal accident as one happened nearby just a month before, but nothing. I guess the driver and I have to say they were not that big because I could barely see anyone peeking over the steering wheel got away with it and no-one else was killed. But that ain't got much to do with the price of fuel!
El tel

Post by El tel »

Digressing back to the original subject there is that classic line from Trigger in only fools and horses. ‘ petrol prices never effect me as I only ever put 20 quid in “

Terry