Which test

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Which test

Post by WHL »

Friend of mine flying back to UK tomorrow with Wizzair, airline wants PCR test, government says Rapid test OK, should he risk getting the rapid test, thoughts , experiences would be welcomed.
Last edited by WHL on Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim B

Re: Which test

Post by Jim B »

Our daughter is flying to the UK tomorrow and has booked a rapid flow test, government instructions say ANY Covid Test.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Jim B wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:20 am Our daughter is flying to the UK tomorrow and has booked a rapid flow test, government instructions say ANY Covid Test.
Thanks for that , that is what I thought, but my friend is worried if the airline doesn't accept it.
WHL

Post by WHL »

One other thing does it matter if you are vaccinated or not, which test you need?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This was covered in the following announcement.

https://www.paphoslife.com/news/clarifi ... of_covid19

Specifically:

(a) as of the 4th of January at 11 pm until the 15th of January 2022, passengers over the age of 12 arriving in the Republic of Cyprus must undergo a PCR laboratory test within 48 hours prior to departure proving a negative PCR result.

The decision concerns all passengers regardless of nationality and vaccination history.
It is recalled that all passengers regardless of vaccination history, undergo a PCR laboratory test upon arrival in the Republic, the cost of which is borne by them.
In addition, passengers must undergo a Rapid test upon the completion of 72 hours after their arrival. Passengers holding proof that they have received the booster/3rd dose of a vaccine are an exception.

-----

From the above we can deduce that prior to 11PM on the 4th, a rapid test will suffice.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Dominic wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:41 am This was covered in the following announcement.

https://www.paphoslife.com/news/clarifi ... of_covid19

Specifically:

(a) as of the 4th of January at 11 pm until the 15th of January 2022, passengers over the age of 12 arriving in the Republic of Cyprus must undergo a PCR laboratory test within 48 hours prior to departure proving a negative PCR result.

The decision concerns all passengers regardless of nationality and vaccination history.
It is recalled that all passengers regardless of vaccination history, undergo a PCR laboratory test upon arrival in the Republic, the cost of which is borne by them.
In addition, passengers must undergo a Rapid test upon the completion of 72 hours after their arrival. Passengers holding proof that they have received the booster/3rd dose of a vaccine are an exception.

-----

From the above we can deduce that prior to 11PM on the 4th, a rapid test will suffice.
Morning Dominic, my friend is going back to the Uk tomorrow, just unsure what test to have.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Ah I missed the bit about going back to the UK. Ignore my post.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
WHL

Post by WHL »

After reading the UK Gov rules several times, he is going to get a rapid test...
Lofos-Jan

Post by Lofos-Jan »

Yes rapid test is fine but it must show full name and passport/ID number. Tell them it’s for flying and they will give you the appropriate certificate.

Jeanne
Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

WHL,
I posted in another thread a few weeks ago that the Cyprus Covid Helpline, 1474, who confirmed at that time that Cyprus did not require passengers travelling to Cyprus did not require a PCR test but that the airlines carrying them MIGHT have that requirement.

Could it be that Wizzair have their own rules within their Terms & Conditions? Or maybe they’re just using PCR as some sort of bucket description for COVID testing?

If I was your travelling friend, I’d double check the booking details, turn up with the printed test result certificate and have my phone ready on the Gov U.K. entry requirements page!

Ian
WHL

Post by WHL »

Thanks everyone just gone and had rapid test 5e very long q, s. Passport no. on slip, thank you for your help