Flying to UK

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Flying to UK

Post by WHL »

A friend of mine is flying to Bristol on Sat lunchtime. what day should they get the PCR test, thanks.
lotus

Re: Flying to UK

Post by lotus »

Hi ,I am hopefully flying Sunday 18th,will have mine done Friday afternoon,so Thursday or Friday should be ok for you're friend
andytspencer

Post by andytspencer »

I flew back on 19th June rapid flow test from pharmacy done day before was ok to get me on Ryanair if it has all the details
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

A word of warning re flying to the UK from Cyprus.

Last Saturday I arrived at Larnaca airport to fly back to the UK. I had my negative test results from the day before, plus copies of my passenger locator form, all I needed to return to the UK I thought, how wrong I was. The young woman at the check in desk first said that I needed an appointment in the UK for my tests, I told her no, I had my tests delivered to my home. She then asked for the details of the tests, so I produced the email I received from the company who had provided my tests, not good enough, she wanted the receipt from the company. I told her I didn't have one, she then told me that without it I couldn't fly. I was quite upset by this time, a British gentleman came to me and asked me what the problem was, I told him what the young woman had said, he told her that I did not need a receipt to return to the UK, but she insisted that I did.

To cut a long story short, someone in authority checked my emails on my laptop, which thank goodness was in my hand luggage, and found the details they needed. So make sure you copy EVERYTHING before you travel.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Beechwood

Post by Beechwood »

andytspencer wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 2:16 pm I flew back on 19th June rapid flow test from pharmacy done day before was ok to get me on Ryanair if it has all the details
Did the information provided on the test result include confirmation of the device used?
andytspencer

UK

Post by andytspencer »

picture of result from pharmacy
Attachments
20210712_162158_compress94.jpg
20210712_162158_compress94.jpg (78.03 KiB) Viewed 984 times