Camera fault on Samsung Galaxy A40

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

Camera fault on Samsung Galaxy A40

Post by trevnhil »

I have a Galaxy A40 phone with a front and rear (selfie) camera.
When I bought the phone at the end of 2019 I though the camera was pretty good or at least adequate.
However in recent weeks the main forward facing camera will not focus.. it is always blurred and I can see it 'moving' trying to get the focus right.. But it never does..
I have tried a reset of the camera via the camera settings, but no change.. Is there anything else I can do, or somewhere I can take it.. The wide angle view is just fine, but not the main lens
Trev..
Jim B

Re: Camera fault on Samsung Galaxy A40

Post by Jim B »

If I ever have a problem with electronic equipment I always go on YouTube to find the answer and generally the information is there.
My Quadcopter developed a judder on the camera when filming and sure enough the answer was there and simple things like changing batteries on my Garmin Sat Nav are all there.
I can only speak as I find but I have two Samsung Smart TVs and have never had any problems with them. Our main TV is an LG and again apart from a sound problem which I managed to solve with a fix from YouTube it's working fine.

Jim
JimX

Post by JimX »

I have been using a Samsung A51 and have no problems,in fact the 4 lens camera is truly stunning, may I suggest you take your phone to a proper dealer to have a look, then at least you have a professionals report.

But as Jim above does UTube solves many problems.

I have mostly Samsung electronics and unlike my Sony TV all work and are very reliable, just to put another tack on this.

Good luck.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you all for your helpful hints and tips. I will certainly be looking into them..
Trev..
WHL

Post by WHL »

Electrical goods have a two year warranty, If I remember correctly, do cameras fall under electrical goods?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think the phone was guaranteed for a year or you could pay extra for longer. I didn't pay the extra..
I have looked at the Video and I think that I will take into some shop or other that does repairs and knows (better than me) what they are doing..
Trev..
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Trev, I was searching last night and I think it's a common problem with several Galaxy devices and various models of phones and tablets.
There are solutions posted, which seems to involve having to clear the cache and a full restart. It's not always necessary to have a repair....
Worth having a try first.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Diocletian

Post by Diocletian »

Strangely enough. Samsung make the screens for Sony TV's as apparently Sony stopped doing it to concentrate on solar panel production.

I have an A50 and it is a fab camera.
Ticking away, the moments that make up a dull day.