Inexpensive seller of nuts and seeds?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
sunspot

Inexpensive seller of nuts and seeds?

Post by sunspot »

My partner and I eat a lot of nuts and seeds.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive supplier on the island?
darrow

Re: Inexpensive seller of nuts and seeds?

Post by darrow »

They are expensive but the supermarkets all stock them. Lidl have currently got almonds on offer and most of them have different ones on offer at some time. Also you can buy loose which work out a bit cheaper. Again some supermarkets sell them loose. I can't say all of them because I don't frequent all of them.health shops tend to be expensive, but again they do have them on offer occasionally.
WHL

Post by WHL »

sunspot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:40 am My partner and I eat a lot of nuts and seeds.

Does anyone know of an inexpensive supplier on the island?
There's no such thing as an-inexpensive supplier, if you want cheap nuts you will get second rate and inferior products,
we buy quite a lot of nuts and shop from a small place in Larnaca, not the cheapest but best quality, you can try lidls but in my opinion, they arnt much cheaper, and the quality is average at best,, but we do buy lidls Californian walnuts.
one other thing, the place I shop from has alot of middle eastern customers, a good sign, as no one comes close to the amount of nuts the people of the middle east consume.
mike strand2

Post by mike strand2 »

There's a shop along Pafos sea front that sells loose nuts etc, but as I said when they wanted me to buy, "Not at your prices!"
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Ok. Thanks to all. We know about the supermarkets but had hoped we could buy large packets more cheaply at another outlet. Clearly not. Thanks again.
lynrick

Post by lynrick »

Go to the nut factory on the mesogi industrial estate if they are open at the moment ???, a lot cheaper and i believe they sell to the big supermarkets
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

Thank you, lynrick. Do you know the name of the factory so I can Google for the location ?
WHL

Post by WHL »

There is a nut factory here in larnaca Amalia, they will sell to you, but it has to be a large amount, we went once, but we ended up eating double our usual amount, just trying to get through them before the expiry date was up, and if I remember, although we got a discount, it wasnt that much.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

There are plenty of nuts on this forum. :-) :-) :-)
sunspot

Post by sunspot »

HIC, I agree. And nuts freeze well. Thank you, WHL.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

HiC. For once I agree with you. :-) Even delicate things, like packeted salads, are perfectly good two or three days after the expiry date. The same applies to fresh milk; other dairy products are even more tolerant of the expiry date. Also, you should make a distinction between, "Use before", "Best before", "Use by" and other similar terminologies – they all have different meanings!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I keep almonds, Brazil nuts, hazelnuts and walnuts in the refrigerator - they stay fresh (ie moist and tasty) for much longer and don't dry up as quickly as storing them in a cupboard - and they are still as good as the day I bought them over a month later.
lynrick

Post by lynrick »

Hi Sunspot. Sorry dont know the name of the company but you cannot miss them on the mesogi industrial estate they have a big factory tons of husks etc in the front and side of the factory. Good luck !!
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

If you still have some of the packaging for your fruit and nuts, is the name and address of the processing company not on them, if it's local to Cyprus?
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
lynrick

Post by lynrick »

They are the processing company but not been for a couple of years so no packaging left
lynrick

Post by lynrick »

Hi Tanny. Thats the one