Escaped

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Austin7

Re: Escaped

Post by Austin7 » Fri May 22, 2020 2:25 pm

Jimgym wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 1:54 pm
Austin7 wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 11:20 am
Jimgym wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:23 am
We went out to Tweedies last night.
Now you are making me feel jealous, always was our favourite restaurant.
Sorry! It was lovely to be back there, the food was as good as ever. I do think it's important to support local places as much as possible but understand why some are reluctant to go out.
I'm not reluctant to go out but since I lost my wife a couple of years ago I don't fancy going out on my own. I always go out to eat when my boys are over which hopefully will happen later this year. Tweedies will be one of my destinations. 8-)

DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH » Fri May 22, 2020 10:09 pm

Jimgym wrote:
We went out to Tweedies last night. Tables were well spaced, staff masked and gloved and it was just so good to indulge in one of my favourite past times! Businesses are struggling so I do think it's important to try and support them as much as we can. I appreciate some aren't comfortable, but I really appreciated being cooked for after so many weeks in my own kitchen. Not a big hardship i realise before anyone comments!
Where is Tweedies outside area?

Jimgym

Post by Jimgym » Sat May 23, 2020 7:56 am

DavidatLWH wrote:
Fri May 22, 2020 10:09 pm
Jimgym wrote:
We went out to Tweedies last night. Tables were well spaced, staff masked and gloved and it was just so good to indulge in one of my favourite past times! Businesses are struggling so I do think it's important to try and support them as much as we can. I appreciate some aren't comfortable, but I really appreciated being cooked for after so many weeks in my own kitchen. Not a big hardship i realise before anyone comments!
Where is Tweedies outside area?
It's right next to restaurant, up the side street. A lovely garden area.

Happy in Cyprus

Post by Happy in Cyprus » Sun May 24, 2020 1:06 am

Wife's birthday, so we all decamped to our favourite taverna-style restaurant in Limassol. Though humble in terms of location, decor and ambience, it is actually the No.2 restaurant in Limassol on Trip Advisor. https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_ ... assol.html

We were seated outside of course. Very stringent precautions in place, the owner who served us wearing a mask and gloves throughout the meal, no menus (he has an App going live on Monday enabling you to make your choices via. your mobile)...and cutlery, serviettes, salt and pepper sachets provided in individual sealed, clear polythene envelopes. Couldn't fault the precautions in any way and we enjoyed our meal there as much as we always do. Felt completely safe and comfortable.

In a short walk after the meal it was clear that the shopping experience has changed, with all nearby shops and streets devoid of customers and even passers-by; the dearth of tourists and absentee property-oweners being the main factor. Though we all want life to return to normal I fear it will be a long time a-coming...and in the meantime, retail and restaurants will continue to suffer terribly.

Lazydaze52

Post by Lazydaze52 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 am

Had a lovely meal last night at our local Italian restaurant in Mandria. All new procedures in place, they have printed out their menus and put them beneath the glass tabletops. Quite quiet in all the tavernas here but that could have been because it was a cool/windy evening.

Personally we’re going out to eat as normal, support the local businesses etc, plus I hate cooking every night!

Each to his own and all that but I think this is the safest time to go out, before tourists arrive from other countries.

Maggie B

Post by Maggie B » Sun May 24, 2020 11:57 pm

[/quote]

I'm not reluctant to go out but since I lost my wife a couple of years ago I don't fancy going out on my own. I always go out to eat when my boys are over which hopefully will happen later this year. Tweedies will be one of my destinations. 8-)
[/quote]

I may have missed a post from you AR, or maybe not? However, I am so sorry to have heard of your loss . . . . .only now. My thoughts are with you Boyo. X

Maggie