What did you do this morning..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
JimX

Post by JimX »

None but the brave and tourists. :D
Jim.
Lincoln

Re: What did you do this morning..

Post by Lincoln »

I got up, made a nice filter coffee and looked out to sea and said..."what a wonderful place"
Sunny Morning again.jpg
Sunny Morning again.jpg (6.43 KiB) Viewed 6401 times
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I was out body boarding in December, and have been swimming in January and February.

I won't go body boarding again though, as a wave picked me up and threw me head first into a huge pile of pebbles. I had a shiner for days afterwards.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I have been out for two walks this morning... It is a bit 'Fresh' up here :)

Trev..
Trev..
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Been to the docs for my annual diabetic check. Blood sugars over the last three months well below diabetic range and everything else ok. Now got to go for lung function tests in May, even though my breathing has returned to normal now after my heart bipass. Bit windy here in Wales, but 13c, so not bad temperature wise. Going to do a bit more of the North Wales Coastal Path this afternoon, from Old Colwyn to Pensarn.
surreyboy

Post by surreyboy »

Good to hear you're doin' ok. Hope you don't get 'blown away' this pm with the euphoria!
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Breakfast, a stroll in the sunshine (approximately 12,000 steps) followed by a light lunch...
Now chilling on the balcony with Jack Reacher. Did I say I also have sunshine on my knees? Yep, shorts in March.... Never did that in Cyprus!
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
JimX

Post by JimX »

Why not? you had plenty of opportunity even as a worker.
Jim.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

March was never warm enough for shorts for me.... Still in jeans and a fleece until April at the earliest.... I still worked in jeans and a t-shirt plus my fleece over the back of my chair, just in case, whilst my colleagues wore shorts to the office.

Should have added "all through July and August".....
Last edited by PhotoLady on Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Anne_paphos

Post by Anne_paphos »

Its not 18c in Devizes in fact its been around 8c with a chilly wind. I've been pulling my hair out renewing car insurances and breakdown cover its a mine field out there, I'll be glad to get back to Tala in April for some sun and peace and quiet (that's if the square has been finished).
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

14ºC more like it, according to Auntie's weather UK forecast today. But there's a definate sense and feel of Spring in the air here now (4 miles from LTN in UK)..

Large bumble bees hovering and buzzing around outside our windows. Butterflys fluttering around the flowers. Wood Pigeons nesting in our Laurel tree in the back garden on their crazy flat platform of thin 12" long interlaced twigs. The sparrows, blackbirds, robins, wrens etc all making their new nests in the densest most thorniest foliage they can find. All the time waiting and looking around to check that a nearby crow, magpie, or sparrowhawk hasn't clocked the nest location into their GPS memory... (Not that these predators can actually access these clever nest locations!)

Mown the lawns twice this year so far. Already, the daisies are popping through, after 2 days! Dandelions, Thistles, Clover won't be far away, I guess...

Jeez, this is starting to sound like a Sheila Hawkins (RIP) blog, isn't it? Sorry about that!

Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Anne_paphos wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:28 pm Its not 18c in Devizes in fact its been around 8c with a chilly wind. I've been pulling my hair out renewing car insurances and breakdown cover its a mine field out there, I'll be glad to get back to Tala in April for some sun and peace and quiet (that's if the square has been finished).
moneysupermarket.com will look after you Anne, like it has for us and our family for many renewals over the past few years.

Most car insurances have an optional and very cheap built-in breakdown cover that you can include. If you like what you see and go ahead to purchase, they will automatically find you the best three quotes for renewal and email these to you three weeks before the policy is due to expire next year.

In my experience, it's NEVER the same outfit you were with LAST year! But it only takes a few minutes to sign up / switch!

Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

Just got back after my walk. 4.6 miles, and I managed the steep inclines fine. Just wish I could do it on my bike, but I'm not allowed to ride it for three months.
Very windy, and cold at the beginning and I had my woolly hat on. Then springlike weather and walked the rest of the walk without my hat or coat. 14c in Pensarn.
Next week, all being well, I'll be doing the Paphos coast walk.
I am getting blown away with the euphoria, Surreyboy. Just enjoying life to the full and so thankful to the skills of the surgeons in Liverpool.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Good to hear so many Peeps are enjoying the spring weather, both in Cy and U.K., continued good health to those recovering from problems and may you all continue to see signs of spring around, good to hear it!
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Enjoyed an early lunch looking out onto a marina with an old friend in Plymouth........we both had grilled Halloumi with tzatziki .........the family who own the established are Cypriots........when she said to me what does this remind you of and we both said Cyprus.........you might take the girl out of Cyprus but you can never take Cyprus out of the girl......eventually the sun did make a short appearance.........
JimX

Post by JimX »

This morning (Sat) on Timi beach, wild flowers.

Jim.
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

We will be glad to get out of the cold and rain next week. Flying out tomorrow. Longest we have ever been away from Cyprus. Lovely picture.
Anne_paphos

Post by Anne_paphos »

PaphosAL wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:43 pm
Anne_paphos wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:28 pm Its not 18c in Devizes in fact its been around 8c with a chilly wind. I've been pulling my hair out renewing car insurances and breakdown cover its a mine field out there, I'll be glad to get back to Tala in April for some sun and peace and quiet (that's if the square has been finished).
moneysupermarket.com will look after you Anne, like it has for us and our family for many renewals over the past few years.

Most car insurances have an optional and very cheap built-in breakdown cover that you can include. If you like what you see and go ahead to purchase, they will automatically find you the best three quotes for renewal and email these to you three weeks before the policy is due to expire next year.

In my experience, it's NEVER the same outfit you were with LAST year! But it only takes a few minutes to sign up / switch!

Thanks I tried that one and go compare, saved £100 (inc breakdown cover) by going with SAGA instead of LVE.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

LOL! SAGA (Sex And Games Abroad)

I was with them for a VERY reasonable deal on my little 2004 Corsa a few years back. The following year Renewal was a mind-blowing 100% increase after 12 months of no accidents and no claims!!! moneysupermarket.com had already emailed me that they had an even better deal than the one I had with SAGA the previous year.

So it was a no-brainer! Expect similar in 12 months, but in the meantime, I'm absolutely delighted to see that you tried it my way, and got an excellent result!

Cheers- AL ;)
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Minded my own business!