Drinking on planes

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PaphosAL

Re: Drinking on planes

Post by PaphosAL »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:21 pm
And this admonishing post comes from a man whose avatar features at least 5 bottles of ale in front of his personage :lol:

Sorry Al, only joking ;)
That's once I'm there, Lloyd, enjoying a nice October evening at Riccos Beach with two good friends from Luton, after a long day in two jeeps, almost reaching Cape Arnouti (which I don't think is a feat that Dom's blogs have quite managed yet, either)...

So those beer bottles are probably two each, and the final one being shared. Christine was on the house red wine out of a 1l wine carton, and loving it... Happy days, happy memories

Yia Mas! AL :D
Gone but not forgotten...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PaphosAL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:32 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:21 pm
And this admonishing post comes from a man whose avatar features at least 5 bottles of ale in front of his personage :lol:

Sorry Al, only joking ;)
That's once I'm there, Lloyd, enjoying a nice October evening at Riccos Beach with two good friends from Luton, after a long day in two jeeps, almost reaching Cape Arnouti (which I don't think is a feat that Dom's blogs have quite managed yet, either)...

So those beer bottles are probably two each, and the final one being shared. Christine was on the house red wine out of a 1l wine carton, and loving it... Happy days, happy memories

Yia Mas! AL :D
:lol:

Let's try that again.

https://www.paphoslife.com/blog/akamas_walk

I blogged about that here Al, the only reason you would have to drive there is if you were going fishing, as it is a dead end. Besides, the walk is fantastic.

If anybody is puzzled who "soreear" was, it was me. I created the account because I wanted to check what the page "viewonline.php" did. I noticed that this page was very popular in the stats. When I looked at it with my own id, it displayed everybody's IP address. I needed to check that this wasn't the case for a non admin id, so soreear was created.

Incidently, my ear is a bit better now.

And with a non admin id, no ip address information is displayed, so you can all rest easy.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Humble apologies, Dom... Despite reading your Akamas Walk blog at least half a dozen times, I managed to miss the fact that you had indeed heroically made it on foot to the westernmost point of Cyprus, Cape Arnoutis.

I take it this is the location of that Shrine? Cheers- AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Could always enforce the showing of boarding passes for buying drinks at airport bars, number of drinks could then be limited to say 2 or 3 per pass.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PaphosAL wrote: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:14 pm Humble apologies, Dom... Despite reading your Akamas Walk blog at least half a dozen times, I managed to miss the fact that you had indeed heroically made it on foot to the westernmost point of Cyprus, Cape Arnoutis.

I take it this is the location of that Shrine? Cheers- AL :)
If it wasn't it was very near it. One winter I will have my wife drop me off at the Blue Lagoon and pick me up at Avakas Gorge or somewhere. It would be a lovely walk, though I would need an awful lot of water.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.