Brady

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Kili01

Re: Brady

Post by Kili01 »

I heard on the BBC news this morning that Brady's body would not be 'released'. So, not sure what that actually means?'
Maybe his remains will just be ''disposed of'' away from the public eye. Which would probably be best option in this case. It would prevent the media wasting any more time reporting on him.

Dee
WHL

Post by WHL »

Feed him to the Pigs
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Kili01 wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:57 am I heard on the BBC news this morning that Brady's body would not be 'released'. So, not sure what that actually means?'
Maybe his remains will just be ''disposed of'' away from the public eye. Which would probably be best option in this case. It would prevent the media wasting any more time reporting on him.

Dee
The Coroner has decreed he will not release the body until he has assurances from members of Brady's family that his ashes will not be scattered on Saddleworth Moor.

Rita
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Hindley and Brady should have both been hung when found guilty. There was no possibility of a mistake, they were pure evil, and it has cost this country years of tax payers money to keep them in prison. I think we should bring back hanging for murder such as this.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Cremating him would be a lot cheaper than taking him out to see and dumping him. It would also be over quickly, without any spectacle.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Biddy

Post by Biddy »

I read a book some years ago about this evil pair and looked on Amazon today to see if it was still in print. It is at a staggering price of £91.00 for paperback.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Blimey, someone's making a bob or two with that, if they can sell any that is.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Those prices are meaningless. They are set by computer programs. It gets funny when two computer programs meet and they start undercutting each other.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

I do believe Brady and Hindley were 100% guilty of heinous crimes. But cannot condone capital punishment or torture. That reduces society to their level. Also, once capital punishment is in place, then innocents will be killed, irrespective of DNA or any other modern tools. When people can lie, such as the police in the Birmingham and Guildford cases, then mistakes get made.

We need an entire legal overhaul to make the punishment more appropriate. Sentences should be minimum terms. I.e. If convicted and sentenced, the sentence should be for at least that term.

Also, to preserve society, people who abuse positions of power, like teachers, clergy, doctors and police - should have automatic doubled sentences.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Jimgward wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 5:40 pm I do believe Brady and Hindley were 100% guilty of heinous crimes. But cannot condone capital punishment or torture. That reduces society to their level. Also, once capital punishment is in place, then innocents will be killed, irrespective of DNA or any other modern tools. When people can lie, such as the police in the Birmingham and Guildford cases, then mistakes get made.

We need an entire legal overhaul to make the punishment more appropriate. Sentences should be minimum terms. I.e. If convicted and sentenced, the sentence should be for at least that term.

Also, to preserve society, people who abuse positions of power, like teachers, clergy, doctors and police - should have automatic doubled sentences.
I agree with you! :shock:

I used to be a firm supporter of capital punishment.

But while I can see how appealing it would be to do terrible things to somebody like Brady, I could not now vote to give the government the right to take my life - or that of my nearest and dearest which is what you would effectively be voting for.

There have simply been too many miscarriages of justice; the criminal justice system and the CPS are too much of a complete joke to trust them with your life.

And DNA is not infallible - their might be excellent (and innocent) reasons why your DNA is at a crime scene for instance.

Given that the general public believe DNA evidence to be infallible (see earlier posts in this thread), good luck with protesting your innocence to the jury once the prosecution has linked you to the crime scene and has no other suspects...

Bizarrely, as technology improves and smaller amounts of DNA can be detected we run into issues with 'secondary DNA' which could link you to a crime scene, possible prosecution and the death penalty without you even being there!
One particular case in Californa made healdines. A man spent months in prison on a murder charge before it was proven that he was hospitalized and so drunk he was incapacitated at the time of the killing. It was later discovered that the same first responders who had treated him and transported him for medical attention shortly afterward responded to the crime scene.
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

According to statistics, 5% of inmates in US prisons are innocent.

Beggars belief, doesn't it.

Remember the West Midlands Police Force "Flying Squad" in the 70's?........
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Like others who have posted I personally cannot condone State Executions and I voted accordingly against capital punishment at the time of the vote on that matter. My only caveat is we were,once more, misleadingly informed that those found guilty of murder would forfeit their freedom for the remainder of their lives i.e. a life sentence would mean just that - life means life. Fortunately these two people, despite Miss Hindley's assertion she was a reformed character, were made to serve such a sentence and I only wish our politicians would get their heads around the life sentence the families of murder victims serve whilst many offenders walk the streets again some at a relatively early age and act accordingly.

Rita
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Rita Sherry wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 8:30 pm Like others who have posted I personally cannot condone State Executions and I voted accordingly against capital punishment at the time of the vote on that matter. My only caveat is we were,once more, misleadingly informed that those found guilty of murder would forfeit their freedom for the remainder of their lives i.e. a life sentence would mean just that - life means life. Fortunately these two people, despite Miss Hindley's assertion she was a reformed character, were made to serve such a sentence and I only wish our politicians would get their heads around the life sentence the families of murder victims serve whilst many offenders walk the streets again some at a relatively early age and act accordingly.

Rita
Agree 100%
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

If you haven't seen the series "Black Mirror" I strongly suggest watching it. It's a bit like Twilight Zone for the modern age.

Series 2 Episode 2 - White Bear, is especially interesting.
cyprusgrump

Post by cyprusgrump »

Dominic wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 9:31 pm If you haven't seen the series "Black Mirror" I strongly suggest watching it. It's a bit like Twilight Zone for the modern age.

Series 2 Episode 2 - White Bear, is especially interesting.
Given that I am unlikely to watch it, could you explain the relevance...?
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

That would spoil it for everybody else! It is very good.

It's on youtube.

PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Dominic wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 9:15 pm Why don't they just cremate the body and flush the ashes down the loo?
Cremation would cost yet more taxpayers funds. And the only things you should flush down your loo are the three P's: Pee, Poo, Paper (NOT wet wipes, mouldy stews, etc, and certainly not dead low-life cremated ashes!!!)

IMHO, best way to way to dispatch this despicable cretin, would be to dump his corpse in an unmarked (and un-Consecrated) spot way out somewhere deep in the Atlantic, and let the bottom-feeders feast on him... Rot in Hell, you arsehole!

Ashes spread on the Yorkshire Moors? He was having a larf, surely?
Gone but not forgotten...
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PaphosAL wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 pm
Dominic wrote: Tue May 16, 2017 9:15 pm Why don't they just cremate the body and flush the ashes down the loo?
Cremation would cost yet more taxpayers funds. And the only things you should flush down your loo are the three P's: Pee, Poo, Paper (NOT wet wipes, mouldy stews, etc, and certainly not dead low-life cremated ashes!!!)

IMHO, best way to way to dispatch this despicable cretin, would be to dump his corpse in an unmarked (and un-Consecrated) spot way out somewhere deep in the Atlantic, and let the bottom-feeders feast on him... Rot in Hell, you arsehole!

I don't mean a cremation service. I mean chuck the body in an incinerator.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

PaphosAL wrote: Wed May 17, 2017 11:05 pm

I don't mean a cremation service. I mean chuck the body in an incinerator.
Annamaria

Post by Annamaria »

The appropriate cost of a basic cremation is
Around two grand so why split hairs when this scum bag had already cost the uk taxpayers millions
The problem now is what will happen to his ashes ?
I know mistakes have been made in the past
And miscarriages of justice have taken place
But I for one now have faith in our police force
/ justice system for all its shortcomings it's
The best in the world
And wasn't the Gillford 4 / Birmingham 6 back
In the 70s and 80s ?