SOS TV

Everything to do with I.T, T.V, and telephony.
Lincoln

Re: SOS TV

Post by Lincoln »

Same for us as Discobolus. We are still prepared to wait as I think it is nearly sorted. :D
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

exodus wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:16 pm Headless Chickens time!
:lol:
Amos.
Please don't try and wind up those people who are trying to have a sensible discussion.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
exodus

Post by exodus »

Dominic wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:54 pm
exodus wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:16 pm Headless Chickens time!
Amos.
Please don't try and wind up those people who are trying to have a sensible discussion.
I was referring to the businesses using the illegal streaming, NOT the users who have been discussing the situation on here.
As the French say: "C'est La Vie n'est pas?"
Almost as daft as the Brexit bickering (IMO).
Amos.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Here is what appears on our screen today. :D
DSCN0882.JPG
DSCN0882.JPG (137.78 KiB) Viewed 5535 times
All things are possible
AndrewA

Post by AndrewA »

I regret to say that it looks like the providers are facing bigger problems than they originally thought. If the problems are truly "belong their control" then they cannot be sure when they will resume service. I lost patience last week and switched to a different local provider who reprogrammed my MAG box and had me back with almost the same channels ( although I think a few less movies). I am now on a monthly fee so if the new service fails I won't lose much.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Austin7 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:11 pm
AndrewA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm I regret to say that it looks like the providers are facing bigger problems than they originally thought. If the problems are truly "belong their control" then they cannot be sure when they will resume service. I lost patience last week and switched to a different local provider who reprogrammed my MAG box and had me back with almost the same channels ( although I think a few less movies). I am now on a monthly fee so if the new service fails I won't lose much.
Would you pm me who this was with please ........ just in case I also need it.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Austin7 wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:11 pm
AndrewA wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:40 pm I regret to say that it looks like the providers are facing bigger problems than they originally thought. If the problems are truly "belong their control" then they cannot be sure when they will resume service. I lost patience last week and switched to a different local provider who reprogrammed my MAG box and had me back with almost the same channels ( although I think a few less movies). I am now on a monthly fee so if the new service fails I won't lose much.
Would you pm me who this was with please ........ just in case I also need it.
[/quote
Me too please! We have nothing on our screens only reload error!]
Reesy

Post by Reesy »

Good morning Lloyd...I believe we share the same supplier “S”. is your system up and running again. The reason I ask is that I did sign up with another supplier last week , so I am not aware of the current situation. Cheers.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Not as yet Dave...Darrow (you have a PM) I think it is only the one service provider that is down, the three others I have are as normal..
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

That's good news that 3 out of your 4 mag boxes are working.. Hopefully the 4th one won't be too long before that is working as well.
Trev..
JimX

Post by JimX »

Yes Trev all three have never stopped only the one system I mentioned, not sure if any other servers are not working at this time.

Not heard personally, seems it is just that one.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I think lot of people seem to be waiting for this one system to be up and running again, with all the features it had before.
Trev..
exodus

Post by exodus »

Austin7 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:28 pm
Hudswell wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:23 pm Alternatively of course, they may have decided not to put their livelihoods on the line and will no longer offer the "service"
If that was the case why would they be putting a message on our screens as shown in a recent post? Think you are trying to stir it!
Probably to put off giving refunds!
As a bystander in all this, not subscribing to any such "provider", it seems pretty clear that the EU "authorities" have decided to put an end to these illegal operators EU-wide. Cyprus appears to be complying, as a good EU Member State has to/should.
Amos.
exodus

Post by exodus »

Austin7 wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:50 pm Doubt it! Cyprus is only complying because the original complaint came from a Greek TV Station. Most other systems are still up and running as will this one be in a short while. If not I have an alternative to switch to where the server is based outside of Cyprus (and the EU)
The clampdown, according to the EU Media, is not confined to "providers" located within the EU, but to all such "providers"
wherever they are located if they are being "subscribed to" (sic!) by EU residents, e.g. Cyprus residents. Especially bars and suchlike.
Amos.
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

I've stopped even checking , having too much fun watching my You Tube films. Last night The Way Ahead a WW2 film starring David Niven . Now there was a character , I must re-read his autobiography . Great quote as one Private turns to the other and says " only one good man has ever got into Parliament" " Oh really who was that" replies the other "Guy Fawkes "!! So true especially today.
Should have been eating old fashioned British food while watching but instead the Hairy Bikers braised chicken with peppers and the chorizo sausage which, and you'll like this Austin7, I found over here thanks to the good people on this site.
Tonite Detour as the B film and then my main feature Of Human Bondage the film that launched Bette Davis.
I've no idea how the technology works on these Mag boxes but loads of friends in Hong Kong have the all singing all dancing system that so many on here are waiting to see back up and on their TVs. They haven't even had a slight blip let alone lost a minute's viewing so I guess these guys can turn things off by country bit like Sky who can turn off a single house in a street which also amazes me but perhaps I'm just too old !! Cheers Mike
exodus

Post by exodus »

Mike J wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:18 pm I've stopped even checking , having too much fun watching my You Tube films. Last night The Way Ahead a WW2 film starring David Niven . Now there was a character , I must re-read his autobiography . Great quote as one Private turns to the other and says " only one good man has ever got into Parliament" " Oh really who was that" replies the other "Guy Fawkes "!! So true especially today.
Should have been eating old fashioned British food while watching but instead the Hairy Bikers braised chicken with peppers and the chorizo sausage which, and you'll like this Austin7, I found over here thanks to the good people on this site.
Tonite Detour as the B film and then my main feature Of Human Bondage the film that launched Bette Davis.
I've no idea how the technology works on these Mag boxes but loads of friends in Hong Kong have the all singing all dancing system that so many on here are waiting to see back up and on their TVs. They haven't even had a slight blip let alone lost a minute's viewing so I guess these guys can turn things off by country bit like Sky who can turn off a single house in a street which also amazes me but perhaps I'm just too old !! Cheers Mike
The clampdown is in regard to the users in the EU, not in Hong Kong.
Amos.
holitec

Post by holitec »

Trouble is it seems to have been the best one. Do all the others have a massive library of films, access to all utubes, radio, catch up including catch up on all Sky Movies?
I know of at least one portal with 600 channels and over 20,000 movies and box sets. I think the cost is about the same as "S" and SOS system, and pay monthly.

Digby
Mike J

Post by Mike J »

You said "The clampdown, according to the EU Media, is not confined to "providers" located within the EU, but to all such "providers"
wherever they are located"
That's what I don't really understand are there lots of the all singing all dancing numero uno providers and by them I don't mean the guy who comes to someone's house but the people who he must contact I guess to switch it on or are they yet more middle men and somewhere there is a single source of the numero uno system which they all feed off too?
I understand the Hong Kong switch on guy is in Russia so good luck to the EU policeman who draws that short straw . The Russia mafia petrify the Italian mafia. Cheers Mike
darrow

Post by darrow »

I spoke to "S" yesterday. Still in UK, father is waiting for a place in a hospice, in the meantime he is looking after him. The provider has told him he will offer two months free subscription and expect to be back shortly.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Aquila

You ask Digby has replied, you can try it for free if you wish..call him!
Jim.