Brexit and Trump have been great for satire

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
OhSusana

Re: Brexit and Trump have been great for satire

Post by OhSusana »

What precisely are you going on about? Bercow??? I see no link to him on this thread... ??!!
I'm being serious....
What are you going on about?
OhSusana

Post by OhSusana »

This is a brilliant quote -

John Oliver on Trump: 'He dominates the news like a fart dominates a car'
https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radi ... ates-a-car

“Trump dominates the news cycle like a fart dominates the interior of a Volkswagen Beetle,” he said at the start of his Sunday night show. He then pointed out that Trump’s false claim that Sweden had suffered a terrorist attack this week had eclipsed genuine stories such as the death of Kim Jong-un’s half brother.

Oliver added that Trump’s admission that he got his statement about the non-existent terror attack from Fox News, means that “sifting through Trump’s brain to see why he said something is now like examining a shark’s stomach to see what it ate.”...

Trump’s notorious news conference on Thursday was described as “batshit crazy” by Oliver, who said: “A presidential press conference elicited the same reaction you get from people who have just seen someone shoot fireworks out of his arse.”

I used to love watching Letterman's late night show in the States, but this guy Oliver is also brilliant.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »