Car sales recommendations.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
josef k

Car sales recommendations.

Post by josef k »

I am considering buying a car (Yaris/Vitz or similar) in the Paphos area. I want to use a garage rather than buy privately, and was wondering if any of you had any recommendations from your own experience.

If you know a good place then post on here. If you know a bad place then you had better PM me. Please say why they are good/bad so I know what has informed your views.
Please don't keep to the British owned places. I am interested in Cypriot owned places as well.

Thanks in advance.
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Car sales recommendations.

Post by Dominic »

Both my wife and I bought cars from Savvas at MS Auto Trade. On the main road into Geroskipou from the Debenhams's Roundabout.

Savvas is a lovely bloke, and his warranty is rock solid. Tell him Dominic from Paphos Life says Hello.

https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/en ... auto_trade

That reminds me actually. I told him I would add some pictures I took of his dealership to his page, and I haven't done that yet...
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

The Toyota Dealers have quality second hand cars, of course it all depends on what you want to spend.

Jim
J B

Post by J B »

We imported our car from the UK, but used ANW http://www.anwcars.com/ as our agent, and to sell our old banger.

We found them to be very professional in everything they did for us.

:)
J B
smudger

Post by smudger »

Have to say I've rarely heard a bad word re Simon Emery. Would just like to add ANW cars in Tremithousa, they have a great reputation and go out of their way to help. They will always take care of the transfer of ownership etc, very accommodating and helpful people.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

We bought our cars from Simon Emery at Deals on wheels. He gave a full years warranty. full tank of petrol and a free service. This on a second hand car.
All things are possible
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Also very happy with two vehicles I purchased from Savvas at MS Auto Trade in Geroskipou a little while back and my recent purchase from Simon Emery, after looking at other dealers in the Paphos area.
stroumbipete

Post by stroumbipete »

bought two cars from timark, by roundabout mesogi rd, also in limassol, cypriot owned, all paperwork sorted,will look for specific cars if requested as I did on both occasions,recommend
Jim B

Post by Jim B »

Like JB I imported a car through ANW. Very professional. You get a lot more car for your money even after including the import charges. I found a car on Auto Trader, my son went and looked at it, bought it and ANW did the rest.
Jim
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Yep. For me and Him Indoors ANW in Tremithousa were the most genuine and honest people you could happen upon.

Their way of doing business was also genuine and honest . . . . . . both buying and selling.

In our experience Simon Emery was certainly very good at selling cars. When we left Paphos we got an amazing more than fair deal from a Cypriot fella (so sorry I just cannot remember his name but, he was next door to the Bank of Cyprus branch in Geriskipou) I will look out the receipt tomorrow. Simon Emery offered as a substantial amount less!

Honesty and integrity in car dealing and who you deal with is, in my opinion, a case of Russian Roullette. 😣

Maggie B
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Maggie B wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:33 pm Yep. For me and Him Indoors ANW in Tremithousa were the most genuine and honest people you could happen upon.

Their way of doing business was also genuine and honest . . . . . . both buying and selling.

In our experience Simon Emery was certainly very good at selling cars. When we left Paphos we got an amazing more than fair deal from a Cypriot fella (so sorry I just cannot remember his name but, he was next door to the Bank of Cyprus branch in Geriskipou) I will look out the receipt tomorrow. Simon Emery offered as a substantial amount less!

Honesty and integrity in car dealing and who you deal with is, in my opinion, a case of Russian Roullette. 😣

Maggie B
Your "Cyprus fella" is Savvas from MS Auto. His place is on the traffic lights right by the bank.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

D.V. Anastasiou Motors Ltd *****

This is just a personal recommendation.

I have used several of those mentioned but this dealer is excellent and very honest, Dimitri also gives a seven-year warranty, deals mainly in low mileage small Jap imports, as indeed many do, mostly under 2Ltr and usually newer models. I have had four cars from him and even our neighbor now uses him.

Company Name
D.V. Anastasiou Motors Ltd
Phone
Fax
Country
Cyprus
District
Paphos

https://www.autotrader.com.cy/dealer-ac ... sioud.html
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

I've never heard of a 7 year warranty on a second hand car before, whats the catch?
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
JimX

Post by JimX »

Catch?, just saves you money if you have an engine or gearbox problem, I have had both during a flood and the outcome on my then HRV was horrendously expensive 3K in fact, Demitri would have covered this if it happened as it did to me. I will continue to buy my motors from him, as I said I have used a few mentioned in this thread.

Hope your keeping well... :)
Jim.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Hi JIm
Maybe I should have said conditions, not catch.
For instance with new cars, the car would need to be annually serviced even with a low mileage by the dealer at a high cost to the customer, if the owner decided that it was too expensive and missed a service the warranty would be void, that IMHO is a catch.
I would have thought that warranties were for mechanical breakdowns only, not water flooding.
I hope you are keeping well also :)
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Enigma

Post by Enigma »

Bought a car from Andy Phillips on Polis Road and have no complaints, pleased with the purchase. There is another dealer I would strongly not recommend, will send you a PM about that.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Andy Phillips would be one dealer that I would look at, although I have not bough a car from him yet..
However the garage that I use for servicing my present car says they are a good firm... When they send a car in for service or repair Andy Philips tell them to do what ever is needed and do not put cheap parts on..
Trev..
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I would also recommend Andy Phillips , we bought our present car from him 3 years ago .
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

[/quote]
Your "Cyprus fella" is Savvas from MS Auto. His place is on the traffic lights right by the bank.
[/quote]

That's the very fella Dominic. We didn't expect to get much for our car as we were leaving the Island but Savvas was more than fair with the price he offered us. Good honest guy.

MB
Spock

Post by Spock »

Do car dealers give part exchange? If I change my old banger wouldn't be worth a lot, but it would mean something if they took it off my hands and sorted the paperwork out.
Boldly going......