New labels coming to petrol pumps

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
ApusApus

Re: New labels coming to petrol pumps

Post by ApusApus »

jeba wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:03 pm You know you´re taking chances, don´t you?

Why is that then jeba? Do you have some scientific data to support your statement because I have a 2003 Honda CRV with 200,000km on the clock and it's still going strong filling up on cheap 95 octane! :D

Shane
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Actually yes it came with two, and when I have a couple of weeks to spare and I have the inclination to be bored to tears, I'll probably read them. I have an all singing all dancing screen with wonderful touch controls, that will take a few days to get my head around. Taking chances Jeba, yes it's in my nature, live dangerously.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Mouse :lol:

Mine's white actually.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Hi Guys

Having just read my handbook, it says, "Only use unleaded fuel that complies with European standard EN228 or equivalent". "The engine is capable of running with fuel that contains up to 10% ethanol (e.g. E10)".

Which means to me, put in the cheapest.

Jackie
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Firefly wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:19 pm Hi Guys

Having just read my handbook, it says, "Only use unleaded fuel that complies with European standard EN228 or equivalent". "The engine is capable of running with fuel that contains up to 10% ethanol (e.g. E10)".

Which means to me, put in the cheapest.

Jackie
At least now you know , never to put E85 in it , if you should ever come across it at the pumps . ;)
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 6:50 pm Amazing what you find in a new car's handbook eh, Jackie?

Your handbook demonstrates that the EU were right to wish to provide information on the pumps, otherwise you would never know which pump was E10, would you ;)
Surely it would be the cheapest!

Shane