Riccos Beach -bar.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Riccos Beach -bar.

Post by Lincoln »

Drove down this morning and it was HEAVING. The place was packed. People eating and drinking. The other new cafe/bars are not ready and I would now think that it will be next year before they open. :?: :)
All things are possible
JimX

Re: Riccos Beach -bar.

Post by JimX »

Ricco's beach bar is a long way off and still behind that fence, the tempory bar seems to do OK at the weekend, it is still a dive though, looking forward to using the new venture, I hope it is better,

See Video taken this morning. A bit wobbly I was hanging onto Coco our dog. :)

Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

This video is unavailable is the message I get...…. :cry:
JimX

Post by JimX »

Sorry, I can't help you, maybe your settings? Just checked it is available on my phone, so you should get it.

Even not logged in to the forum I can still see the video.

I am trying another to post here, see what happens.

Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

I see it now.
Thanks.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Your welcome. no idea why it did not show, could be as UTube are slow to process some vids..
Jim.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Jim

Like MM I got the same message for your first video earlier on today but the second was o.k. Now I can view your first one without problem so all is resolved I believe.

Rita
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

sorry folks but where exactly is Riccos Bar?
JimX

Post by JimX »

Not a regular then? :D it is at the far end to the east of Pafos, just after the last hotel, many locals use this area not that many tourists, not a great beach but not that bad either, not that I use beaches these days.

Rita hello.

Regarding error message seeing the vid's, I had only just put on those video's and my guess is UTube had not finished loading them to the public section. also apologies for the unsteady movie, I was filming it one handed, holding onto the dog with the other hand.
Jim.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Mike.1940 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:40 pm sorry folks but where exactly is Riccos Bar?
It is Geroskipou beach. :D Called Riccos because he has been there as far as ....Anyone can remember.
All things are possible
Anarita John

Post by Anarita John »

On google maps it is called Riccos Beach, though it should really be Geroskipou Beach. According to google, the same beach further along is called Aphrodisiac Beach. Must go there and take the waters :D

Notice to JB, I only post useful information ;)
memory man

Post by memory man »

Lincoln wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:21 am

It is Geroskipou beach. :D Called Riccos because he has been there as far as ....Anyone can remember.

1975 actually.

Riccos Beach - the secret of the Geroskipou Beach

In the 70's the beach consisted only of barren rocks and stones. Riccos, a Cypriot war veteran, has taken heart and made his dream of having his own restaurant in this bay come true...making the beach what it is today: a popular tourist beach on the outskirts of Paphos. Riccos has built his own empire with great attention to detail. Today this place is full of charm. Paper airplanes and children's bicycles hang in the trees, colourful tree houses were erected and small dogs and large chickens run through the legs of the guests. Own dogs are not allowed on this beach. On Riccos Beach you can enjoy Cypriot food and cool drinks under large shady trees and quietly admire this unique place. Families as well as groups of young adults visit this place every day. Rightly the unofficial name of the beach is "Riccos Beach".

READ MORE