UK Passport Application

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

UK Passport Application

Post by MacManiac »

I just thought I would let anyone who is coming up to replacing their UK passport in the near future that the online application process was as simple as one could wish for. The uploading of a digital photograph from my iPad to the online form was very quick, and I particularly liked the automatic cropping of the photograph. The only problem is that the photograph (like all official photographs) makes me look like a lunatic or a criminal - or a combination of the two. They say the camera never lies but ...

I posted my old passport back to Belfast and that would appear to be it. They say allow four weeks for delivery by courier.
GreenArmy12

Re: UK Passport Application

Post by GreenArmy12 »

Just done the same thing today, very easy, got photos done by Marios down near to the Mall, he gave me electronic version as well, very easy to upload, passed the auto screening OK. The only problem I had was when I came to pay (not the passport offices system at fault), but "verified by visa" now wants to send an code by text to verify, and Cyta mobiles are not getting the texts, passport system timed out while trying to sort things, so had to do it all again, and use my partners card to pay, as she has a UK mobile associated with it, then all went through no problem, and I will be getting email updates as the application progresses, system seems pretty good, but will update when the new passport actually arrives.

Al
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Did it a month or two ago. No problems. Passports came back 14 days after I posted the old ones off.
GreenArmy12

Post by GreenArmy12 »

New and old passports arrived today, courier went to my home, but I was out, so he phoned me, I collected the passports later from the new ACS office on Mesogi Avenue, all in all very impressed with the service, under 3 weeks start to finish.
Varky

Post by Varky »

GreenArmy12 wrote: Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:19 pm The only problem I had was when I came to pay (not the passport offices system at fault), but "verified by visa" now wants to send an code by text to verify, and Cyta mobiles are not getting the texts, passport system timed out while trying to sort things, so had to do it all again, and use my partners card to pay, as she has a UK mobile associated with it, then all went through no problem, and I will be getting email updates as the application progresses, system seems pretty good, but will update when the new passport actually arrives.
Al
I have 2 accounts and they both use 'Verify by Visa' checks for on-line purchases using my CYTA Mobile. I have never had a problem receiving the texted codes so to make the sweeping statement that CYTA mobiles are not receiving these codes is incorrect.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I have a TSB account , not done a passport application yet but on the few occasions I have done a verified by VISA . The code has not come through to my Cyta mobile , but it did come through to a UK mobile .

I can not say if the fault is Cyta or TSB .
GreenArmy12

Post by GreenArmy12 »

My verified by Visa issue was with a Bank of Cyprus UK debit card, and when I phoned them they stated that there was an issue reaching CYTA mobiles, I have contacted them since, and the issue is now fixed, and I am getting these sms messages through to my cyta mobile

Al