Pacemaker Information Extracted From Another Thread

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
Rita Sherry

Pacemaker Information Extracted From Another Thread

Post by Rita Sherry »

====================================
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread was extracted from a different thread, that was very long. It contained useful information and I thought it warranted it's own thread as it was more likely to be seen then. :)

====================================

Devil

OMG I am due to have a replacement pacemaker inserted in the very near future (battery in the present one running down) here at the Paphos General. The present one was implanted whilst I was in the UK and your story now has me somewhat worried. Think I might enquire of the Evangelismos or Iasis as to availability of this type of operation and cost. Anyone had any experience here please?

Rita
Rita Sherry

Re: Brexit

Post by Rita Sherry »

Admin

Sorry I have gone slightly off topic but I was anxious re Devil's post.

Rita
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Hello Lloyd Thank you so much for the information - where in Paphos is the clinic and what is its name (if any)?

Rita
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Rita

It depends on the type of pacemaker and your condition. I have a 3-chamber type with the left ventricle on an external lead (electrode sewn onto exterior of heart). It cost me €14'000. I presume yours is 1- or 2- chamber type with leads via the vena cava, so would be a lot cheaper if the existing leads are OK. Prices do vary from place to place, so shop around.