Electricity Bill

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Ginahill

Electricity Bill

Post by Ginahill »

Does anyone know approximately how high an unpaid electricity bill has to get for supply to be cut off? My bill in April was €57 but it didn't get paid due to a misunderstanding! I will be over in August & will pay any outstanding arrears but worried my son & family who are staying in my apartment end of July might find electric cut off! (Hope to receive future bills by email & pay using JCC - previous payments were by direct debit but due to personal circumstances I had to close bank account) Many thanks for any information.
Varky

Re: Electricity Bill

Post by Varky »

Is there any reason why your son cannot go into the AIK office at the top of Butcher Boy road and pay any outstanding bills. I think supply is cut off based on the time a bill has not been paid not the amount. If power is cut off a re-connection charge of at least €50 has to be paid.
Ginahill

Post by Ginahill »

Many thanks Varky for reply. Yes I could ask him to pay at main office on my behalf I have never had any unpaid bills in 11 years I have had apartment just worried it might get cut off before he gets there!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

After only 8 days delay of payment, the electricity of my friends villa was cut off without any warning from EAC. After I payed the bill for my friend, including 60 Euro penalty it was reconnected within 36 hours. So you better hurry up... The content of 3 fridges/freezers which was defrosted I had to threw away.

Max
Last edited by cyprusmax47 on Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ginahill

Post by Ginahill »

Thanks for reply but Oh dear Max your friends experience has worried me even more & its all my fault. Think I should ask my keyholder to help me out by looking in my post box, opening latest bill & paying it for me! Obviously I will transfer money ASAP & buying them a drink in appreciation when I come over!
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Flossie wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:57 am Pay online - it's in English and very easy!
Yes, you can use JCCSmart to pay on line

https://www.jccsmart.com/
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Varky

Post by Varky »

You can also get your bill sent to you by email and then you pay by jccsmart so everything is under your control from wherever you are in the world.
Ginahill

Post by Ginahill »

Many thanks to you all for advice. I have set up JCC this morning & await my key holder providing me with the 3 digits on the payment slip which apparently identify each new bill. Thanks Varky I will collect form when i am over in August to have future bills sent by email. Have a good day everyone.
2QuarterPints

Post by 2QuarterPints »

We were cut off some years ago, by accident as the electricity people pulled the main fuse thinking that they were pulling a neighbours in the same complex who had gone into arrears with their payments. We were in the UK and our friends arrived and there was no power which was all a bit embarrassing even though we were not at fault. Things were sorted out quickly but It was something we could have done without. It did make us realise how vulnerable we are though, in case we accidentally went into arrears, so we now receive our bills by email and pay them by direct debit.
J B

Post by J B »

Ginahill wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:15 am Thanks Varky I will collect form when i am over in August to have future bills sent by email.
Why wait - look here

https://www.eac.com.cy/EN/CustomerServi ... email.aspx

:)
J B
Ginahill

Post by Ginahill »

Thanks JB your link worked perfectly hopefully all sorted on Monday.