The Royal Wedding

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
LouiseCastricum

Re: The Royal Wedding

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Wish them a wonderful day and a very happy life.
Louise :)
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

It will but the most important thing is it's about 2 people in love who want to get married and share the rest of their lives together! Something we can all associate with I think, and I wish them all the best!

Shane
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

Wishing them both a memorable day and happy long life together.

Will be celebrating with a few friends - dress, hat, shoes and handbag all ready.

Rita
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Glad the 2 boys picked great wives that Diana would be pleased with. They have grown up fine young men. and I'm proud of our royals.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Well said everyone, two fine upstanding young men who have sorted their lives admirably. Good job done Diana.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

My wife and daughter are going to watch it, and have all the ingredients for an afternoon tea ready, complete with Bucks Fizz.

I shall be out exploring, but I wish the couple every happiness.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Maggie B

Post by Maggie B »

Lovely comments from ALL of you and I could not agree more. 😊

Maggie B
wills1965

Post by wills1965 »

I thought she looked stunning, plain and simple with such elegance. Really love Harry and William a credit to their Mother.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes, it was certainly a Royal wedding with a difference! She looked very pretty, the young bridesmaids and pages behaved pretty well considering their tender ages!
What did members of this board think of the sermon/ speech made by the American head of the Episcopalian Church?
I watched the whole wedding on a large screen at the club near where I live which had its Spring Fayre today. At times we were laughing in disbelief at what he was saying,all fire and brimstone, we thought! We wondered what the poor Queen and Prince Philip thought. but the shots of some of the faces of some of the guests present in the Chapel shown on our tv screen were an absolute picture... This preacher seemed to go on and on even mentioning in passing Martin Luther King.

Dee
TLR

Post by TLR »

Kili01 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 4:19 pm Yes, it was certainly a Royal wedding with a difference! She looked very pretty, the young bridesmaids and pages behaved pretty well considering their tender ages!
What did members of this board think of the sermon/ speech made by the American head of the Episcopalian Church?
I watched the whole wedding on a large screen at the club near where I live which had its Spring Fayre today. At times we were laughing in disbelief at what he was saying,all fire and brimstone, we thought! We wondered what the poor Queen and Prince Philip thought. but the shots of some of the faces of some of the guests present in the Chapel shown on our tv screen were an absolute picture... This preacher seemed to go on and on even mentioning in passing Martin Luther King.

Dee
I found it totally inappropriate, even my American husband was cringing.
As for the choir, whilst their music was stunning, it belonged in the movie Blues Brothers 2, not in St Georges Chapel Windsor.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Guess what? We didn't watch it! We are definitely not anti-royalist nor anti-marriage but all the hype in the past few days sickened us. So, they got themselves hitched as have many other couples this year. I wish them all, equally, as long and happy a married life as we have enjoyed (59 years).
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Sickened you, really? You must have a very fragile constitution. :lol:

I'm not surprised the sermon went on too long. Most sermons go on too long. It's a fact that some people will always find something to moan about, no matter what. So priests are trained to go on a bit too long. That way, the moaners will be able to latch on to that nugget, and leave the happy couple alone to get on with their wedding. I have thought long and hard over this, and this is the only explanation that makes sense.

Gospel choirs are great. Much better than the stuffy old hymns you normally hear in UK churches.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Didn't Victoria Beckham look happy...……………….. NOT

What a miserable face she had on.
J B

Post by J B »

My dislike of opera/soprano was not altered during the entrance screeching.
:)
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:03 pm Towards the end it did rather look as if he was starting to outstay his welcome.
Well I thought he'd overdone it after a couple of minutes! How long was his ... erm, can't think of a word for it ... sermon?

Loved the rendition of 'Stand By Me' - I suppose it will be re-released now and go straight to No1!!! :lol:
J B
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

I think it was lovely, including the address of the Rev. Michael Curry, the Gospel choir and the Choir. Well done to the organizers of this great wedding event.
Louise :)
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Austin7 wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 6:05 pm Blame the press, it's their fault you missed a stupendous occasion, but I'm sure you can get it on repeats/catch up etc.
Thanks, but we don't want to see the interminable repeats etc., either. As it is, I'm sure we shall be subjected to them on every news bulletin over the next 24 h. I think that the real news will take second place, if there is time to report it at all. Entirely off-topic, but this report http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44174455 by 2 Oxford profs is infinitely more interesting and much more likely to affect the world.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Why is a report explaining what happens in a volcano going to change the world?

One thing I don't understand about this sort of thing, is why people not interested bother to respond negatively. Why not just keep schtum and start a thread about volcanoes?

Are you worried it won't prove as interesting?
bromerzz

Post by bromerzz »

Praise the Lord and send in the Money
That's what Jesus would want you to do.
Varky

Post by Varky »

Dominic wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 5:47 pm I'm not surprised the sermon went on too long. Most sermons go on too long. It's a fact that some people will always find something to moan about, no matter what. So priests are trained to go on a bit too long.
The thing is it was supposed to be an address and not a sermon. Problem is after it all I could not remember a single point he was trying to make. However if it contributes to HiC liking me, even if it's only for a day then perhaps it was worth it. More than a day, I won't hold my breath. Nice to see a bit of a sense of humour though.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Even as a semi-disinterested bystander, and not seeing the wedding as I was at the Scottish cup final and a pre-party, my much better half is a fervent royalist and I wouldn’t wish them anything but the best.

I do find the whole camping in the street part weird and I am now fed up with the papers full of it all but it all does me no harm so it doesn’t bother me
However, don’t start me on Andrew and his suckling daughters