Electricity Charges and Pool pump

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Lincoln

Re: Electricity Charges and Pool pump

Post by Lincoln »

Mike J wrote: Sun May 13, 2018 9:20 am There is a formula online which I found, length x width x depth x 7.5 which gives you gallons in the pool. Mine has 8,910 gallons as it is only 4 foot deep throughout. So if you want to calculate the gallons per hour that go through the filter to completely filter the water in four hours you divide by 4 ( this is the kind of maths I enjoy - simple ) so 2,210GPH but it seems to discover if your pump is up to it you then divide by 60 to give you Gallons Per Minute mine is 37GPM . There is then a rather difficult formula to calculate the resistance as the water moves through the pipes and where in the relation to the pool your pool house with the filter is either below , alongside or above. Suffice to say I couldn't figure that out but my electric pump is 1/2 a HP which is way more than sufficient to drive the water through the filter in 4 hours so I reckon I can ignore resistance rather than dig the pool up to work it out. What is obvious is that the weakling that was installed for the solar system takes 8 hours at least to push the whole pool through the filter and on a partly cloudy day it had no hope of doing so. Cyprus Max47 I will contact Vasconsolar tomorrow but I only have four panels on the roof generating on a totally cloudless day almost 110 D.C. so no hope of running my mighty half a horsepower pump on 240 AC but maybe they can suggest something to do with the now wasted solar energy ? On the all important siesta question personally i like mine outside in the shade of a tree and the aircon comes on in the house but bedroom only at 11 p.m. an hour before we hit the hay hence my interest in the dual tariff now on offer.
Mike, I have sent you a PM.
All things are possible
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: Electricity Charges and Pool pump

Post by Dominic »

Green Air now have a solution that works with your existing pool pump. You have, say 4 panels, and they power the pump directly. Plus, as they are not connected to the grid, the installation process is a lot more simple.

If you look on their directory entry you will find more information in the WHATS NEW section:

https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/entry/greenair
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.