Airplane accident

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
WHL

Airplane accident

Post by WHL »

Very very sad news, my question to you is how many of you keep your seat belt on when flying? I always took it off when up in the air, but some years ago some passengers died when their plane suddenly plunged and they hit the roof, the others who were belted up avoided injury, so since then I try to keep my belt on when seated.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
PhotoLady

Re: Airplane accident

Post by PhotoLady »

I do.... I just loosen after the signs are switched off.

Still waiting to experience clear air turbulence but I don't want to lose my head when it happens.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Ramone

Post by Ramone »

I have flown through an air pocket once when the plane suddenly drops x amount of feet.
Not a nice feeling & if you don't have your seat belt on there is a chance you could hit the roof.
I always keep my belt on loosely.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Always ......it’s second nature like getting into a car....
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Yes I do, for this reason. ...Thats except when I am actually leaving my seat.
Dee
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Me too, but when walking up the aisle to the toilet, I still make sure that I'm grabbing sturdy fixtures both sides, and hanging on firmly.

Has anyone noticed that these days, like on easyJet, if a cabin crew member goes to the flight deck, another member of cabin crew will stand in front of the cabin door (thereby blocking access to the door to the front loo)?

I can understand the security aspects of this, but it's not like the second backup crew member is packing a Magnum 357...

AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
WHL

Post by WHL »

PaphosAL wrote: Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:33 pm Me too, but when walking up the aisle to the toilet, I still make sure that I'm grabbing sturdy fixtures both sides, and hanging on firmly.

Has anyone noticed that these days, like on easyJet, if a cabin crew member goes to the flight deck, another member of cabin crew will stand in front of the cabin door (thereby blocking access to the door to the front loo)?

I can understand the security aspects of this, but it's not like the second backup crew member is packing a Magnum 357...

AL :)
When one of the pilots goes to the loo, one of the attendants takes his place in the cockpit, this was made standard procedure when a pilot, locked the other out and committed suicide.
June

Post by June »

Always keep seat belt fastened... given the history it's madness not to.