ACS couriers

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
stroumbipete

ACS couriers

Post by stroumbipete »

just an update from the last posting (DHL) I was texted today by ACS to collect small parcel, I asked them to deliver, it was expedited shipping but as usual they refused I pointed out that their driver michael would stop on his way to polis if asked, still refused. I contacted amazon by phone instead of email as quicker response, as usual apologized, told they will forward on to transport dept, but also gave me a £10 gift card and refund of postage £9.76 the more complaints they get may get something done, I always complain, I always get refund,regards pete
JimX

Re: ACS couriers

Post by JimX »

Morning Peter.

Whilst I agree with your post I fear Amazon UK will refuse to send to Cyprus, already they are doing this with many items, and why I try to buy from Amazon De (Germany) who always use UPS, and they do deliver to your door, always!.
Jim.
AlanGW

Post by AlanGW »

Not always true Jim, I have bought 9 items in separate expedited deliveries from Amazon.de this year (not one of their third party suppliers) and four have come by DHL and five by UPS. They tell me there is no way of selecting UPS for a delivery, so like Amazon.co.uk it is the luck of the draw.
Alan
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

This is the link to the German site. However, they won't necessarily deliver to Cyprus either. One sure, albeit slow way, is to have it delivered to either RSS or LHUKCY and have them ship it over. This is especially true of electronics with batteries etc, but I am having stuff like tepe shipped over that way too. It works well if you aren't in a hurry.

https://amzn.to/2Hi7Oso
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
JimX

Post by JimX »

[quote=AlanGW post_id=55599 time=1523074784 user_id=60]
Not always true Jim, I have bought 9 items in separate expedited deliveries from Amazon.de this year (not one of their third party suppliers) and four have come by DHL and five by UPS. They tell me there is no way of selecting UPS for a delivery, so like Amazon.co.uk it is the luck of the draw.
Alan
[/quote]

Alan I can only say what I have had from Amazon De, all my orders that I paid for fast delivery arrived within a few days and always door to door via UPS.

I maybe lucky but I also feel complaining to Amazon UK about lack of door to door via DHL maybe asking for future problems, they still arrive in a very fast time, but you have to drive down to pick your order up, as posted Amazon UK already refuse many sale items to Cy now. It is a concern if you use Amazon as it seems many of us here do, but I will continue to use "De" and pay for the faster service, hopefully arriving by UPS as I have found the norm.
Jim.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:58 am
stroumbipete wrote: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:29 pm just an update from the last posting (DHL) I was texted today by ACS to collect small parcel, I asked them to deliver, it was expedited shipping but as usual they refused I pointed out that their driver michael would stop on his way to polis if asked, still refused. I contacted amazon by phone instead of email as quicker response, as usual apologized, told they will forward on to transport dept, but also gave me a £10 gift card and refund of postage £9.76 the more complaints they get may get something done, I always complain, I always get refund,regards pete
So live with it and stop complaining!!!
Huh? What do you mean? He complained. He got a refund. The more people who complain, the more likely it is that something will change. Though given the amount of complaints they got when they started using Yodel in the UK, I doubt it.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Something may change. But as HIC says, the change may be that they will stop deliveries to Cyprus :-(
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Why though? If they do that they get no profit. If they find a different postal service, they get more profit. I know what I would do under those circumstances.

Also, bear in mind that WE pay for the postal service, so if there is another service that is better but more expensive, it will be us that pays for it.
AlanGW

Post by AlanGW »

Jim,
All of my orders from Amazon.de were fast delivery and rest assured I did not complain when it was DHL, I just asked if it was possible for deliveries to be by UPS. I did not ask for any compensation or receive any and like you and HIC, I think the more complaints Amazon receive the more likely they are to revert to 16 years ago when they would only send Books and DVDs, or they could do away with fast delivery!
Alan
Varky

Post by Varky »

Dominic wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:33 pm Why though? If they do that they get no profit. If they find a different postal service, they get more profit. I know what I would do under those circumstances.
Also, bear in mind that WE pay for the postal service, so if there is another service that is better but more expensive, it will be us that pays for it.
But the improved service will probably deliver goods. At the moment ACS are being paid by Amazon/DHL for a service they don't provide. If Amazon/DHL receive enough complaints that hits them in the pocket then maybe they will eventually take on a better company that actually delivers. If you are prepared to accept a c**p service wherever, then you will continue to be cr****d upon. That is valid for all walks of life.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Um, I am actually agreeing with you. When I say "Why though?" I mean why would they stop all deliveries. The solution which still earns them money is to find a shipping company that actually ships.

HiC's example is different. In that instance a product is going missing. These complaints aren't about missing products, they are about products not being delivered.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

I’ve been complaining for years, same answer every time 'will pass your concerns onto our transport department' but bugger all ever gets done. I agree, why would they stop sending to Cyprus?
stroumbipete

Post by stroumbipete »

Contact jeff@amazon.com this is the c.e.o's office, I sent email yesterday.regards pete
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

It isn't down to shipping though. I've had expensive items sent to me via Amazon, but for some reason, Tepe interdental brushes wouldn't be, which are dirt cheap.

The biggest issue with shipping from the UK is batteries, but that is down to ridiculous legislation rather than an Amazon policy.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

stroumbipete wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 2:05 pm Contact jeff@amazon.com this is the c.e.o's office, I sent email yesterday.regards pete
This is quite true. If you have a valid complaint and you aren't satisfied with how it has been handled, this gets results.
aphrodite

Post by aphrodite »

Dominic wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 3:23 pm It isn't down to shipping though. I've had expensive items sent to me via Amazon, but for some reason, Tepe interdental brushes wouldn't be, which are dirt cheap.
I don't understand why they can't send the smaller cheaper items, I use these brushes, my friend waits until there is a 3 for the price of 2 offer in Boots and buys 10 + 5 free and posts them out to me. Postage cheaper than Amazon and each packet of 6 brushes works out to just over £2. :D
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I think it is because the actual sellers aren't Amazon. It's weird though. They are actually dispatched from Switzerland.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Yes I know. But the Amazon tepes were a lot more expensive.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Austin7 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:36 am
Dominic wrote: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:34 pm Yes I know. But the Amazon tepes were a lot more expensive.
Do you know AlphaMega sell the Tesco brand of tepes at very reasonable cost?
I shall investigate. Thanks :)
memory man

Post by memory man »

I received a delivery from Amazon.de yesterday pm
delivered to my door by UPS.

Here is the route it took.............

Gourock
Glasgow
Edinburgh
East Mids
Cologne
Munich