British Passports

Whatever your political persuasion, defend your corner here. All we ask is that you voice YOUR opinion, rather than just post a link to a half-hour youtube video. Politics can get a bit lively, and if you prefer a less combative debate, please post in the Politics for Moderates section instead.
WHL

Re: British Passports

Post by WHL »

ApusApus wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:53 pm
Mrblobby wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 6:40 pm Are we going to get proper old blues ones or just an EU style one in blue ?
Does it really matter? :roll:

Shane
Off cause it matters, dont want Johnny Foreigner having the same ones, as us do we? :lol:
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

bromerzz wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 1:42 pm Photolady - I shouldn't worry too much about trying to get through Immigration at Manchester at the same time as a flight arrives from Pakistan - plenty of them are already holding British passports.
Exactly!
The colour of the passport will hold no water or make us British any more important than anyone else who holds the wrong colour passport.... Manchester arrivals and passport control is a bottleneck because immigration choose passengers at random to go through the retina scanner system. Total nightmare because nobody reads the instructions properly and then the whole thing goes to pot because the staff aren't allowed to help. They just have to send each one into the normal passport control instead 😐
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

Mrs May has just annouced that the new British passports will be made in France !!!!
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Merde!
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Just how far away from the EU influence were the Brexiteers expecting to get?

Hilarious, you couldn't make this stuff up if you tried. We must be a bloody laughing stock 🤐
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

A Dutch company with manufacturing in France. Today’s Daily Mail is going nuts. Headline is “Stand Up for Britain - for Once”
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Well done to the EU Dutch/French company who have got the deal. The British Co. was over £120 million more. The right decision in my opinion.
All things are possible
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

It matters not two hoots whether the passport is red, blue or sky-blue pink, equally whether it is printed in Britain, France, Netherlands or Timbuctou. Voilà, je l'ai dit !
josef k

Post by josef k »

Quite right Devil. What matters is what the passport gives you, not what colour or style it is.

We could have had blue ones at any time, as the EU doesn't require burgundy. Just wait until the blue brigade realise it won't be like the old blue ones with cardboard covers. It will just be a blue version of what we have now. As I have said before, North Korea has blue, so we will be in good company.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Oh well, be prepared to spend a bit longer at the immigration points of entry when you get your blue passport....

https://www.passportindex.org/byColor.php
Varky

Post by Varky »

PhotoLady wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:31 pm Oh well, be prepared to spend a bit longer at the immigration points of entry when you get your blue passport....
https://www.passportindex.org/byColor.php
Why should that be? We have relatives coming to Cyprus from non-EU countries and they queue no longer than EU citizens. Not to mention the number of Russians that come through passport control very quickly.
Fisherman Phil

Post by Fisherman Phil »

It's not just Paphos. In my experience, there are very long queues at airports in most countries for "NON EU" passports.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I was in Venice recently, small lines for EU passports, horrendous, snake out of the terminal lines for non EU passports.
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

Varky wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:51 pm
Why should that be? We have relatives coming to Cyprus from non-EU countries and they queue no longer than EU citizens. Not to mention the number of Russians that come through passport control very quickly.
You obviously didn't look too closely at the colours and countries..... 😉
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Daily mail demanding contract is awarded to uk. We already have a hike of 27% on some passports.

This would add even more.
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Providing the tender process was legal & the winning tender met the technical specifications then I don't have a problem!

Shane
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

The problem is that not kicking up a fuss doesn't sell newspapers.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Varky

Post by Varky »

PhotoLady wrote: Sat Mar 24, 2018 10:20 am
Varky wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:51 pm
You obviously didn't look too closely at the colours and countries..... 😉
Meaning what? Enlighten me.