DHL Deliveries..

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
trevnhil

DHL Deliveries..

Post by trevnhil »

I have a parcel coming from Amazon via DHL.. It started off in Glasgow yesterday the 20th.. It has been to Edinburgh, East midlands airport, Leipzig, Athens, and Larnaca. All this within exactly 24 hrs.
It is due with me in Polemi on Monday... I wonder if it will be early, and I wonder if I will have to collect it.
It has certainly done well on it's journey so far. :-)
Trev..
Varky

Re: DHL Deliveries..

Post by Varky »

Last November I bought a laptop on Amazon. It was couriered by DHL and arrived very quickly. It was delivered to my door. Signed for it, end of story. So I would expect it to arrive at your property. The only thing was that there was no advance phone call giving an expected time of delivery, so I don't know what would happen if there was no-one in.
darrow

Post by darrow »

When I used DHL it was delivered to the door. They did phone to ask if I was in, then told me they were outside! :lol:
JimX

Post by JimX »

DHL in Paphos, normally you have to go and collect it, yesterday, in fact, ACS office near the Law Courts called me to collect a parcel sent by DHL to pick up some ink cartridges I sent from Amazon UK, only ordered then last Sunday morning, fast service but they are paid to diliver them, UPS always do a door to door service, but you cannot specify whose shipping you can use with Amazon, Amazon De (Germany) always use UPS, and why normally I pay the little extra to use that shipper from Germany..

UPS use a black van with gold UPS on the side, they always call when about to deliver parcels, a great service, I have ordered hundreds of items over the years never have DHL delivered to my door via the ACS office in town. If you know the secret to getting home deliveries from DHL please let me know.

Just thought about this, I always use Amazon either UK but normally Amazon De if you order from another outlet rather than Amazon they may use DHL direct from there firm (whoever that maybe) so DHL would be obliged then to give you a door to door service.
Last edited by JimX on Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

I agree with Jim DHL have never delivered to me in Paphos , always had to go and collect .

Ups are great , always deliver to the door .
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

DHL delivered to my door in Peyia.
Louise :)
JimX

Post by JimX »

Louise was this from Amazon UK ? or another, again DHL have never in my time on Amazon delivered here to my area, ever! only via UPS direct not from the ACS office

As I said if they have to you what is the secret? as ACS office say they do not deliver to people in Paphos and its suburbs with DHL. You normally have to collect in person, a real pain at times.
Jim.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

It is usual to have to collect from the ACS office in Paphos. Sometimes if it is a small packet DHL send by post.. Again, sometimes it is sent to the village, and at other times you have to collect from Paphos main post office.
The tracking shows my parcel out for delivery (from Larnaca) today !!! So I may get a phone call, or a text..
Trev..
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

No,not from Amazon, but from UK by DHL.
Louise :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Just had a phone call from ACS. My Amazon DHL parcel is there to 'collect'. I think on this occasion I will be putting in a complaint to Amazon, If I can find who to complain to..
Trev..
Varky

Post by Varky »

Varky wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 7:06 pm Last November I bought a laptop on Amazon. It was couriered by DHL and arrived very quickly. It was delivered to my door. Signed for it, end of story. So I would expect it to arrive at your property. The only thing was that there was no advance phone call giving an expected time of delivery, so I don't know what would happen if there was no-one in.
Sorry my posting was about UPS not DHL. You have to collect DHL couriered items at the ACS office near the court buildings
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Fed Ex deliver to your door in Polemi. Well, actually, I met them outside the BOC. I wanted the item delivered to our PO box in Paphos, but Fed Ex don't deliver to PO Boxes. Other than that, we have got used to collecting items from Paphos when other couriers are used. It would be nice if we didn't have to, but it is also nice not having to wait around for a delivery guy to turn up.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

trevnhil wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:17 am Just had a phone call from ACS. My Amazon DHL parcel is there to 'collect'. I think on this occasion I will be putting in a complaint to Amazon, If I can find who to complain to..
Use this link. If you get a generic reply from them, once you have made your complaint, and you click the "No, I am not satisfied" link in the email, you will have to go through a similar process but normally end up with an extension to your Prime or something similar.

http://amzn.to/2pufm3A
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I too usually meet the delivery Guys, either outside the Bank of Cyprus or Stroumbi petrol station.
Trev..
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I have added that link to the Useful link section, as I am forever forgetting how to find it. :)
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Dominic wrote: Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:49 am Fed Ex deliver to your door in Polemi. Well, actually, I met them outside the BOC. I wanted the item delivered to our PO box in Paphos, but Fed Ex don't deliver to PO Boxes. Other than that, we have got used to collecting items from Paphos when other couriers are used. It would be nice if we didn't have to, but it is also nice not having to wait around for a delivery guy to turn up.
Fed ex refused to deliver to me in TALA , I had to go and collect in Paphos . The guy forgot to charge me the import duty , so within a few days they were on the phone asking for it , they said they would send the delivery man to collect the money . I queried , how come they could collect money but not deliver a package , got the silent treatment . Also when I checked the tracking they had marked the parcel as delivered to my addresss when in fact I had collected it .
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Are you sure that was Fed Ex? That is odd. Fed Ex don't have a shop in Paphos, so where would you have collected from?
Mrblobby

Post by Mrblobby »

Fed ex share premises with G.A.P / Akis , it was in December last year . So yes defiantly fed ex .
Last edited by Mrblobby on Thu Mar 22, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stroumbipete

Post by stroumbipete »

having bought many items on amazon uk over the years I have always complained about the service ACS give, I always try for expedited delivery,more expensive items usually come via UPS delivery to door, though some come with ACS who refuse to deliver,I have requested ACS to return items back to amazon, not very satisfactory. So for the last maybe six /seven times I have collected from ACS and then emailed amazon for full refund of postage, I have never been refused and also get an apology,on one occasion I also received refund for item about £18 + postage, well worth complaining if enough people do they will have to do something, I was told by a few people that too many complaints and amazon will stop sending here, I don't think so, too much custom here to lose. regards p.y.
JimX

Post by JimX »

"No,not from Amazon, but from UK by DHL"

Louise, this is why you got it delivered to your home, DHL via ACS do not ship door to door. but UPS does.

I have complained to ACS just got the usual shrug of their shoulders, DHL says they are paid to deliver items, but the fact is they don't.

Pete maybe do as I do, use Amazon De, if you pay the extra it arrives at your door in a few days and always with UPS.
Jim.