UK Cyprus Double Taxation Agreement

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
idb01

UK Cyprus Double Taxation Agreement

Post by idb01 »

Hi,

Having read numerous threads that relate to the UK Cyprus Double Taxation Agreement, and the HMRC website I'm probably none the wiser. So I'm looking for people to recommend an adviser they may have used( PWC , IFA or other ) that can deal with the following and provide financial planning for when I relocate to Cyprus.
Pensions from a UK company scheme
Employment paid from a UK company, while I may live in Cyprus
Rental income from property in the UK
Capital Gains Tax
Selling Assets that are in the UK
Dividend income from UK company shares
Disposal of UK company shares
Taxation treatment of UK Company Pension Lump Sums, defined benefit and defined contribution schemes.

I've done a huge amount of reading but now I feel less than qualified to understand all the data I've amassed. Keen to set in stone my relocation date but this is a minefield of regulation.

I am over for a long period in August & Sept this year if I need to meet an adviser in Cyprus

Thanks, Ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Re: UK Cyprus Double Taxation Agreement

Post by Dominic »

This is a very good question, and it deserves a wider audience, so I am moving it to the general section. Once it has run it's course I will move it back to the Financial Section, so that it won't get lost.

If people have any recommendations, I will also add them to the directory. I appreciate that as services, you won't be able to provide a map reference, but any information provided will be useful.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
idb01

Post by idb01 »

Thank you for the recommendation 'The Aquila'
Ian
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I have added you to the directory, Ian:

https://www.paphoslife.com/directory/entry/clleary_read

When we get a couple more accountants, I will create a category. For now I have put you in "Red Tape".
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

Ian,
You could ask BleavinsFrank., Paphos. Lou Cunningham is an IFA, very knowledgeable in all these fields. He is particularly good at all (UK and Cyprus) tax regulations, pension and investment conundrums and can offer advice according to your individual situation. You may also need the advice of an accountant. There are several of these who are recommended by expats.
It could be worth you making an appointment to speak to Lou. The first consultation costs nothing. You will find that he is very pleasant and helpful.
Dee
merchant_banker

Post by merchant_banker »

Elizabeth Welch is excellent - well experienced with UK & Cyprus tax higly recommended.
Rita Sherry

Post by Rita Sherry »

I too can highly recommend Elizabeth Welch. Her telephone number is 26 811279, mobile: 99853532, email: welch.taxation@gmail.com. Her office is in the building named Penelopes Palace just above the law Courts and opposite a car park. Office is round the corner of Penelopes Palace and her office is on the 3rd floor. I have used her since I arrived in Cyprus in 2007.

Rita
idb01

Post by idb01 »

Thanks for the recommendations, I will follow these up in the coming months