Bought a new car so should I change my internet name

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
jagwheels

Bought a new car so should I change my internet name

Post by jagwheels »

It's a Lexus. Brian (MM) was very creative over the years & addressed me as jagger plus many others :lol: . Any ideas?
Mark

Re: Bought a new car so should I change my internet name

Post by Mark »

Jagless??

Lexicon??
Mark

Post by Mark »

Jag less?

Lexicon??
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

BRAGGER?? :D

POSHONE?? :lol:

LOOKATME?? :oops:
All things are possible
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Howzabout TuT: Tarted up Toyota? :lol:
Gone but not forgotten...
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

I liked Mark's suggestion. As for the rest of the ideas am not so sure but a Jag it ain't & was sad to see her go but cannot afford luxury cars anymore or afford the upkeep of a 16 year old car. Some people haven't even heard of lexus so won't miss the odd comment like, "park behind the Jag" & get used to "park behind that silver one"
JohnnyWelsh

Post by JohnnyWelsh »

Lex Luthor
JGD
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Jagwheels

Although I am a car dealer I have had 34 jaguars over the years for my own use and for me the last closest to a traditional jag was the series two xj6 last produced in 1979 after that being owned by the Ford motor company the quality went badly downhill and has not recovered to this day – However that is just my opinion. The Lexus is not as Paphos AL says a Tarted up Toyota But a very reliable car – I have had a couple of 4 Litre versions and they are very good cars and the engines go for ever even when smoking with 200,000 miles on the clock they run perfect But they still have serious rust problems and the bodies die long before the engines – Keep on top of it and it will probably see you out. How about an anagram – SULEX.
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

Jagergone.
JimX

Post by JimX »

Norv Lexus is a subsidiary of Toyota, just another Jap import, but I wish you happy safe motoring.

https://www.bloomberg.com/research/stoc ... d=24914201

Nothing beats a Coventry built Jaguar ( from the Allesley plant, now gone), if you can afford a new Lexus you could probably have had that slightly older Jag? :)

You could call yourself LEXMAN!
Last edited by JimX on Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jim.
memory man

Post by memory man »

norv@Lex
mikesjn

Post by mikesjn »

71 Trans Am wrote: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:55 pm Jagwheels
The Lexus is not as Paphos AL says a Tarted up Toyota But a very reliable car – I have had a couple of 4 Litre versions and they are very good cars and the engines go for ever even when smoking with 200,000 miles on the clock
Is 200000 a lot for a car now? We bought a new UK 53 plate Hyundai Getz 1.1 and had it for 12 years, I used it for commuting and a general run around. All it had was a new clutch and a couple of sets of brake pads and tyres. A new engine sensor - after the Tesco fuel debacle, it didn't conk out but the engine warning light came on. A sump pan as it rusted through, which my local garage said is normal now as they don't leak oil and winter salt rusts them. It didn't smoke, started first time, used no oil between services. I went to trade it in, We Buy Any Car offered £50 with a £49 admin charge. I gave it to a friend's son, he paid for the MOT which it cleared with an advisory on a front suspension turret. He bombed about for a year and then it had to be scrapped, total mileage 238,000 on a 1.1 engine. Modern engines seem to be as tough as old boots. I am not a car person, so I tend to go for a small car, new. The Hyundai cost £6295, with 5 year warranty and 3 services. The only person I know that has major car issues has a Volkswagen Golf, mechanically it is fine, but all it's many issues are the engine management system,It randomly looses power when she puts her foot down and it has done that from new. I cycle a lot and have an old but good Marin, I have more issues with the drive train on that than everyone seems to have with their cars now.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

How about Lexuswheels?

Years ago, when I was contracting in the city, I used to cycle in to work every day. Times were good so I treated myself to a custom Marin, which did me proud for years. I had to let it go in the end though, because repairing like-for-like parts was prohibitively expensive, and I was earning much less, albeit at a more family-friendly place. I loved that bike though.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
mikesjn

Post by mikesjn »

Dominic, I have to agree about replacing like for like, I stopped that and now look for reasonable priced parts. Just replaced all the shifters and rear mech for under £35 in a sale, I used lesser Shimano parts as I cannot justify spending a fortune on a 16 year old bike, 2001/2002 nail trail - I have recently taken up a lot of cycling to loose weight and the last 2 years I have done about 3,500 miles per year, I have spent just over £200 on tyres, inner tubes, brakes, chains, bearings, cranks, cassettes and just ordered a new chainring as I worn the one on the new cranks out in 2 years. But I was working it out I spent on average £8.50 every 28 days on blood pressure pills, I stopped taking them about a year ago because I lost a lot of weight, so about £100 a year on them. I would like to get another year out of it, but it is getting a bit like Triggers broom- only one wheel, the seat tube, handlebars, frame and forks (I stripped them down and replaced some seals.) are original, the rest of it is now Ebay Heinz 57. I bought a new cheapy bike for Cyprus, a Muddyfox for about £200, I have already had a broken axle, the tyre just flipped off and the inner tube exploded Would have made good YouTube fodder as I had put the Slime puncture gel in it and it went everywhere.) and although nearly 2 years old it has only been used for 5 months. Okay the wheel was replaced under warranty and they gave me some new tyres. To be fair Sports Direct on the Mesogi Rd were very good about it, I do remember hearing the owner of Pop Life, when it was on Poseidonos, replying to a Brit's warranty query with "What have you done to it? " and then arguing the toss.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

I've been running a Lexus hybrid for 4½ years and am still delighted with it. Yes, mechanically it's basically a Toyota with several improvements but the bodywork/interior is much improved and more comfortable while sticking to the road like a leech. Petrol consumption is ~4.5-4.8 l/100 km in summer and about 0.3 more in winter. When I had the car a few days, I wrote
http://www.bnellis.eu/hybrid2013
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Thank's for all your comments but have decided to keep to jagwheels for continuity & also enjoy the occasional twist on the name that MM sometimes comes up with. In response to some comments: Jim - many years ago I critized a friend for buying a Honda but globalisation is now the order of the day so cars will be made from parts manufactured across the world. 71 Trans Am - have only driven one but a great traditional Jag. Devil - agree about it sticking to the road like the proverbial @@@@ to blanket unlike the S-Type.
memory man

Post by memory man »

jagwheels wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:04 pm but have decided to keep to jagwheels for continuity & also enjoy the occasional twist on the name that MM sometimes comes up with.
That's a very wise idea Orville :lol: :lol:
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Not many people will understand your reply Brian but :lol: :lol:
emgee

Post by emgee »

Now have a Hyundai and Alfa Romeo, but i'm still Emgee. MGBGT Had it for 35 years only sold it because we came to live in Cyprus.

Alan
jagwheels

Post by jagwheels »

Another good idea Austin. My first car was an Austin Morris traveller affectionately referred to as a moggie but no idea why but she was a bit of a pussycat :)