Sunday Lunch

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Rita Sherry

Re: Sunday Lunch

Post by Rita Sherry »

Trevenhillsaid

"We regularly go to the Paradise for Sunday Lunch..."

So do I Trev usually with friends - have obviously missed you so must keep a look out I am usually there when Rick Legend plays so will look out for you.

I agree with you re the roast beef

Rita
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

If you are a member, Debbie at the UKCA does a superb Sunday roast lunch. All the traditional things which you would expect! Not much in the way of ambience, but there is Karaoke afterwards. If that''s your thing!

Dee
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

We were there yesterday sat next to the front window. We will be giving the €5, 2 course, Wednesday Winter Warmers a try this week.

Trev..
Trev..
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Went to Gustosos today, absolutely fantastic! It has gone up to 17 euros a head but as we live 5 minutes away we can have a decent drink & not worry about driving home! :D

Shane
Minerva

Post by Minerva »

We went to Brittania yesterday for the second time with a friend - she said it was the best Sunday Lunch she has had here. Beautiful food and very well presented with Beef, Yorkshire, Roast Potatoes, Mash, 4 vegetables, gravy and accompaniments - on hot plates! The cost was only 7.99 Euros for the main course. Sweets are extra but offered as a carry out to take home. A great place to go! xx
Ruth x

Qui Me Amat, Amet et canem meum
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Cannot believe that nobody has recommended (nor mentioned) Pericles Taverna up in Nata for a fine Sunday buffet lunch! He creates the food of the Gods! (Very reasonable price, too)

Or head North over the hill and down the other side to Chrysohou Bay, and Latchi harbour. There, you'll find a plethora of sea front Tavernas offering all sorts of Sunday lunch meals...

Tip: Always choose the ones that the local families are eating in, LOL! Avoid the empty ones...

That's got my taste buds going... Yiammas! AL :)
Gone but not forgotten...
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Oh, BTW- don't we have Green Monday coming up on Feb 6th? All fish and veg, kite-flying, etc? If I'm correct, then the lunch buffet will be even MORE special @ Pericles Taverna, Nata village, that day!

Enjoy! AL :)
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

Green Monday will be on February 27th .
Louise :)
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Yep- thanks for pointing out the correct date for Green Monday, Louise! I thought it was the first Monday in Feb, but it must be the last Monday in Feb? No matter, I've enjoyed this occasion two or three times up at Dimitre's house in Amargeti (a bit further up from Nata), along with many other ex-pat friends made through the many years that he was helping George and Antoinette (Dimitri's Sister) run the 'Geranium' bar in Bar St (next door to the loud 'Hollywood' bar)...

We were all sitting outside dressed in shorts and t-shirts, eating, drinking, chatting, flying kites in a gentle breeze- wonderful weather! His newbuild bungalow was on a hillside, with a very steep (yet to be built) drive up to it, earlier on, so you had to park up down the bottom, then walk up the rest of the way.

Another mate (Ray H- George & Dragon regular) and I helped Dimitri with a lot of sanding down on the interior walls, plus moving tons of boulders and earth in order to create a nice level patio area at the front, looking down the Xeros Potomas valley to the Meditteranean. What a view! But what hard labour THAT was, LOL!

One day, when passing through Amargeti, I pulled off and parked, intending to see if Dimitri was in (as his 4WD could get up his unmade drive, whereas a normal car could not. Couldn't actually see if he was home, as the terrain blocks the view of his abode. As I started walking up from parking spot, a donkey was approaching me comming down, at a fair rate of knots!

I stopped in my tracks and watched what the donkey was up to. It stopped in the track not far from my car, and started munching grass, etc. I gently approached it, softly uttering "ella ella" with a big bunch of grass to offer it. It liked that, and even let me grab the rope attached to its collar. What next, I wondered? It soon unfolded...

A little old lady appeared down the same track shouting "ella ella". I waved and shouted "Eureka!" (which I thought was pretty good at the time, given that I only knew about a dozen Greek words)

Then just as she reached me and her donkey, WHO happens to arrive on the scene? Yes, my good friend Dimitri. I quickly explained to him what had just happened and he then explained to her that I was a friend, not a donkey rustler! Dim and I went up for a cool Keo, while she trudged off back up and over the hill, with donkey in tow.

One of the sad things about Dimitri's new build was that his Electrician lives in the only other house visible from his, looking down towards the Med. Difference being that you can actually see the electricians bungalow perched on a hilltop on the right, just before reaching Amargeti. This guy had expertly layed all the white plastic conduit pipes across the slab for the mains power points all around the house...

At the point where he'd pulled half of the cables through the conduits (first fix stage) to everywhere in the house EXCEPT the lounge, there must have been a communications breakdown. Coz the sparks had to go to another job for a few days, and meanwhile, the Screeders came in... Buried the whole lot under concrete screed, then tiled it, leaving Dimitri with no power in his lounge to this day!

Later, he just shrugged his shoulders and said "Sometimes, this is the way things go in Cyprus"

Sorry to have dragged on so long- but happy memories!! Cheers- AL
smudger

Post by smudger »

Al, is it you??

Jacs x
LouiseCastricum

Post by LouiseCastricum »

The date of Green Monday changes every year. Next year it will be on Feb 19th. As far as I know it is 50 days prior to Orthodox Easter and the beginning of lent.
Louise :)
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

smudger wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:16 pm Al, is it you??

Jacs x
Just added my avatar and signature, Jacs - Oui c’est moi !!
All the Best! AL x ;)
dicamus

Post by dicamus »

Last week we went to 'Haris Bar & Restaurant' in Peyia. Sunday Roast, choice of 3 meats, fresh veg. Cooked beautifully and plenty of it. With dessert and drinks the whole bill came to less than E60! The place has recently been refurbished and the outside seating area now has sliding doors/windows in case the wind blows. Well worth the trip and if you're minded to try their breakfasts one day, they are superb, huge, well presented ad very good value for money!
Artemis 65

Post by Artemis 65 »

I recommend you try Xtreme View it's a 30 mind drive out of Paphos but well worth it. Sunday buffet with great entertainment thrown in and only 14euros. Check the website for details.
smudger

Post by smudger »

Thought I recognised the syntax!! Good to see u here, think this will be a good site.
Any chance of u coming over? Love to chat your tax scenario :o

J xx
smudger

Post by smudger »

I do remember going up to Demetri's with you on of our meets, helluva slope as I remember, no donkeys then tho!!

Good old days! j x