Hadrians Wall Northumberland

Got something to share that isn't strictly related to Cyprus? Post it here.
Poppy

Hadrians Wall Northumberland

Post by Poppy »

We had the pleasure of visiting various sites yesterday of Hadrians Wall. Strange really that for the 50 years that we lived in Stoke we had never visited yet only 200 miles away ans now of course only 50 miles! I can thoroughly recommend to anyone who may visit the area -stupendous views and wonderful history
exodus

Re: Hadrians Wall Northumberland

Post by exodus »

No comparison with the Great Wall of China which I had the pleasure of visiting 15 years ago.
Amos.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Got the T shirt with most of the interesting historical sites in the UK when we lived there, other places to visit now.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Strange Uncle D - we did all the far flung places first and are now just discovering the UK and I am sure the Great Walk of China is also amazing Amos.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Would be nice to see some nice pics from the Hadrians Wall instead of starting arguments :roll:

Max
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

It's on our list of places to visit too, Poppy.
We found it was almost always cheaper for us to take a week abroad rather than see places in UK so tended to travel. But now we have time on our hands we're not limited to fixed numbers of days away so will spread our visits around the UK.
Northumberland is in our box of things to do, as is Lincoln, Beamish and the Cotswolds. I'm sure after our recent trip to Scotland we will head north again as well as revisit Wales.
Our home country is really quite spectacular and we're pleased we still have the time to explore it now we're unofficially retired.
This weekend we're off to the Chester Christmas Market.... It's 25yrs since we last went to Chester! Just hope I'm fit enough to walk around as I'm still in the middle of recovering from a very odd kind of vertigo experience and over 5hrs at the A+E on Saturday morning.
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

The UK has some amazing architecture to see, rivalling most areas of the world. Chester, York, Bath, Edinburgh, Oxford, Cambridge and others are all well worth a visit.
Jimgward

Post by Jimgward »

Not quite the Great Wall of China, but they had to deal with Hun hordes.... the Romans only had the Picts.... (incidentally, the only group they couldn't conquer)

Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Thanks for posting photo Jim as unfortunately the weather was not too good up there yesterday so did nor get any. Max I don't believe anyone was starting an argument - you are seeing things that are not there!! ;)
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

I think he meant Exodus was starting an argument.
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

He may well have meant that but I did not take Amos's post as starting an argument at all!! Maybe I am not as sensitive as some!! :roll: