electric under blankets

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
darrow

electric under blankets

Post by darrow »

Our electric blanket has decided to go on the blink(literally). I am finding it difficult to source a good quality one. Sklaventis have the 2 pin prong on theirs and others are tied on with string. I am looking for a mattress cover type. Amazon have some but don't deliver to Cyprus. Anyone have any info? TIA. :D
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: electric under blankets

Post by cyprusmax47 »

darrow wrote: Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:21 pm Our electric blanket has decided to go on the blink(literally). I am finding it difficult to source a good quality one. Sklaventis have the 2 pin prong on theirs and others are tied on with string. I am looking for a mattress cover type. Amazon have some but don't deliver to Cyprus. Anyone have any info? TIA. :D
Lidl offer this week, page 16
https://www.lidl-flyer.com/el-CY/?_ga=2 ... er/page/16
ApusApus

Post by ApusApus »

Got one from Lidl yesterday but you'll need to be quick!

Shane
smudger

Post by smudger »

Got my last two from Premier Electrical, Polis road, Dreamland I think without going to check, but do a good job, also guaranteed and service!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Slightly off topic: It is quite important I think to unplug your electric under-blankets these days with bad weather fronts, in case a lightning strikes your place....I wouldn't like to lay in bed when this is happening.

Max
darrow

Post by darrow »

Yes, looked at the Lidl ones. In there at 7.30 a.m. yrsterday but only for single beds. I like dreamland too but when I looked online the Premier outlet only had string ties. I am no good at tying. They always come loose and move about. :mrgreen:
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Just out of interest, if you have one of those digital clocks that also give a temerature read out, what is the typical temperature reading you are seeing in your bedroom during the night, please?

Thanks- AL :?
Gone but not forgotten...
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ours is showing 11.3c outside and 19.7c in the bedroom..
Trev..
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Ours is showing 11.3c outside and 19.7c in the bedroom.. No heating on...
Trev..
kansas

Post by kansas »

We bought our dual control king size electric under blanket from Amazon about 6 years ago, good price and good delivery price. It's also washable.
WHL

Post by WHL »

PaphosAL wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:02 am Just out of interest, if you have one of those digital clocks that also give a temerature read out, what is the typical temperature reading you are seeing in your bedroom during the night, please?

Thanks- AL :?
It all depends, if the wife's up for it :lol:
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

To be honest, if you are maintaining a typical overnight bedroom temperature of around 18 degrees Celsius, then that is perfect!

Rather than an electrically heated under blanket, why not just try a thermal fleece slip-on cover for your mattress size? Then a decent winter duvet, with perhaps a knitted woolen throw over blanket?

Snug as a bug in a rug! AL :D
Gone but not forgotten...
darrow

Post by darrow »

PaphosAL wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:03 pm To be honest, if you are maintaining a typical overnight bedroom temperature of around 18 degrees Celsius, then that is perfect!

Rather than an electrically heated under blanket, why not just try a thermal fleece slip-on cover for your mattress size? Then a decent winter duvet, with perhaps a knitted woolen throw over blanket?

Snug as a bug in a rug! AL :D
Well, that might be good for you Al, MOH is an octogenarian and feels the cold! I managed to get one from Premier outlet with mattress type but it is very basic, but it does take off the chill, but I still had complaints about cold feet! :lol:
darrow

Post by darrow »

Itisfun wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:15 pm Try Argos who deliver here or Dunelm where we got one for £24.95 King Size washable and had it sent via UKCY

I have tried John Lewis, Debenhams, Marks, no sucess.I got my last one from UK brought it over in my suitcase! 8-)
PhotoLady

Post by PhotoLady »

I got mine in Papantonio supermarket a couple of winters before we departed Cyprus..... It's still in the loft here and only saw light of day when it came out of our container last April.

We had 2 of the large single beds (3'6") so although it was a single size priced at just under €20 I found it was fine for me. Both of our dogs slept between us in the middle of our beds so I just made sure my underblanket was affixed to the outside edge.
Our Indie always knew where to find the warmest spot though ;-)
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Poppy

Post by Poppy »

Our electric blanket that we purchased in Cyprus was we thought the best buy ever and we would not have been without it( although it did have strings which we hated!!) However since returning to the UK I thought we would need it more but don't need it at all! We did have insulation in our old house here in the UK before we moved to Cyprus but these modern houses that we are in now are far superior.
darrow

Post by darrow »

Austin7 wrote: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:14 am
Happy in Cyprus wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:21 pm
Itisfun wrote: Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:15 pmTry Argos who deliver here or Dunelm where we got one for £24.95 King Size washable and had it sent via UKCY

Gosh, hadn't thought about Argos, thank you Itisfun! Maybe we should check John Lewis at the same time.
Anything that Amazon (or any other firm) don't deliver here I always get it sent to LHUKCY in Hemel Hempstead and it duly arrives here on the next container at very reasonable cost.
Austin 7, thought of that but shipping would take too long. Needed to keep MOH warm now! It seems to be O.K. but would have preferred the Dreamland.
Tuppence

Post by Tuppence »

Lakeland deliver to Cyprus for 7.50 sterling however much you purchase but not sure about electric blankets. You need to be quick though as their last posting date for Xmas is 6th December. http://www.lakeland.co.uk/24189/Luxury- ... ket---King
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

Just had an email flyer from Paphos Homemarket and the are selling double ones at €33.95:

https://homemarket.com.cy/english/catal ... 2017-12-04