Great friendly karaoke bars

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Zaknumber1

Great friendly karaoke bars

Post by Zaknumber1 »

Hi just love karaoke am looking for the friendliest bars that do karaoke I especially like the dj ray on sunshine
Zaknumber1

Re: Great friendly karaoke bars

Post by Zaknumber1 »

It should have read ray of sunshine
Bograt

Post by Bograt »

I don't think karaoke is floating the boats of the members of this forum, sorry my friend :lol: . Got to say I am not a fan either, but as you asked the question....... I have no clue about karaoke bars around Paphos. however, I do know that they do a Karaoke night on Saturdays in a pub called The Frog and Toad, which is in Peyia. I have been there with a couple of friends (under protest lol, you'll never ever ever get me singing in public :shock: :shock: ) and they seemed a very friendly bunch. Have a look on Facebook and you'll see it. Quite a trip for your scooter, perhaps spring to a taxi.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Well, a good one to try would be the Wheatsheaf (aka Happy Pub) run by Frixos and his good wife Julie. Their family owns and rents the whole block, located at the junction of Bar St (Agios Antoniou) and Apollonos. They can afford to give their drinks away, LOL!

Two minutes walk from the Nereus Hotel / Namasti Indian around the corner. You'll be greeted with a small glass of brandy and saucer of local nuts, complimentary on the house. Frixos has a great karaoke setup, computerised, with good microphones and screens. He also has an excellent Tenor singing voice himslelf. Like I said, drinks are the least expensive on the whole strip of Bar St.

Do give it a try for an hour or two, as I'm sure you'll have a whale of a session! Please pass on Alan's best regards to them, if you do decide to give it a go. Last time there, my daughter and I were doing Sonny and Cher 'I've got you babe' together.

AL :)

https://www.bing.com/search?q=got+you+b ... orm=MOZTSB
Gone but not forgotten...
Zaknumber1

Post by Zaknumber1 »

Not been to the wheatsheaf before so I will have a look thanks
wills1965

Post by wills1965 »

Sixties bar have Karaoke around 3 times a week check out their Facebook page.
wills1965

Post by wills1965 »

If you like your real ales then go to Aphrodite Rock Brewery. If you go on their website you can book a day with them, pick up and drop off as it is in Tsada, a 4 course meal and the food is good, all inclusive drinks including a paddle of beers to try and a tour of the brewery, The cost is 50 euros which I think is very good value.
We had a great day out there and will be going again soon.
We too went to The Rugby Arms and the real ale was off, the breakfast was good apart from the sausages.
Have a great time.
William Morris

Post by William Morris »

Zak,

In answer to your question regarding Karaoke bars in paphos, without sidetracking about places to eat miles out of your way 😯, TOTK has Alfie Ts, Kings Bar, plus several others along the strip. Bar Street area has Brittania, Hotel Nereus, Zorros bar. I have no knowledge of the Wheatsheaf or Happy Bar so I cannot comment.

The best overall KARAOKE is the Sixties Bar. Miles ahead of all the others. Get in early if you seriously want to entertain. Food is available and drinks are genuine.

There are lots of people who enjoy singing along to a backing track. Some people look down on this activity, I don't know why, but I find it entertaining. It takes a lot of courage to get up in front of other people. Most people actually have good singing voices.

I run a singing group back home. We practice during the year then, on special occasions like Christmas, we entertain at local care homes and youth centers. We all get a lot of pleasure from it.

Hope this helps, Zak.
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

To add to William's recommendation for the 60's bar, right opposite there is Alexanders Bar (run by a nice Brit named Richard). They have an excellent karaoke session on Saturday evenings.

Both are in Tefkrou St, which runs parallel to Bar St.

AL :)
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Is the Karaoke still on. From the FB page is seems to be a sports bar with Eight TV screens
Trev..
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:40 pm Is the Karaoke still on. From the FB page is seems to be a sports bar with Eight TV screens
Yeah the Karaoke is still on Trev it does a mix of stuff. I was in there about 3 weeks ago.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

Thank you Stelios
Trev..
PaphosAL

Post by PaphosAL »

Thanks, Stelios. Was it still on Saturday evening, following the live FPL UK 3pm match (5pm to 7pm locally)? I have FB'd Richard to double check, and whilst typing this, Alexanders just replied within the hour!

"Hi Alan, it's Scott who took over from Richard last May. No we don't do any karaoke on a Saturday night but sixties across the road are still doing it"

Cheers- AL :oops:
tonee

Post by tonee »

There,s a name from the past "Zorros bar".Closed a few years ago,really miss this place,many on here will remember Vasso,great times!
STELIOSBWFC

Post by STELIOSBWFC »

trevnhil wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 pm Thank you Stelios
Sorry Trev forgot to say I was talking about the 60s bar not Alexanders.
memory man

Post by memory man »

PaphosAL wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:27 pm Thanks, Stelios. Was it still on Saturday evening, following the live FPL UK 3pm match (5pm to 7pm locally)? I have FB'd Richard to double check, and whilst typing this, Alexanders just replied within the hour!

"Hi Alan, it's Scott who took over from Richard last May. No we don't do any karaoke on a Saturday night but sixties across the road are still doing it"

Cheers- AL :oops:

I thought there was a blackout on showing EPL games live on Saturdays @ 3pm.
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

STELIOSBWFC wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:38 pm
trevnhil wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:49 pm Thank you Stelios
Sorry Trev forgot to say I was talking about the 60s bar not Alexanders.
Thanks Stelios... So just to recap... Alexanders do NOT do karaoke on a Saturday night .
Trev..
William Morris

Post by William Morris »

Zorros has just reopened.

Sixties has Karaoke 7 nights per week. Different DJs throughout the week. Dave is the resident though and the most entertaining.

I forgot to mention the First and Last. They do Karaoke but not sure which nights.
William Morris

Post by William Morris »

Just to add......

Went in last night. One singer is so good that he even produces he's own backing tracks in he's recording studio. One track had an original recording by the lste, great legendary Gary Moore. Quite amazing. The chap in question is a professional musician. It is not just about drunken revellers spoiling a good tune!! 😯
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

UKCA Club
Every Sunday from 2.30 p.m.
John Cowan and his Karaoke Show
Following on from Debbie's stunning Sunday Carvery guests 'sing it off' and show that there's plenty of tuneful talent around