One of the reasons I left Germany for good....

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

One of the reasons I left Germany for good....

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Today it is very hot for the time of the year and dusty air, in Paphos area, however I will not complain after looking at the weather in Germany today.
It is like that more than 4 days there....

Many cars had severe problems and got stuck in snow and ice as they changed their tyres for Summer ones too early

Here a screenshot from German TV showing the situation at lowland, not in the mountains

Another image from a German webcam lunchtime today at nearly the same sea level I am living in Paphos (490m)

This reminds me the situation I had when still living in South Bavaria and for 6 month in Winter, I had to clear the driveway to my garage from deep snow in order to be able to open the electric garage doors.... :roll:
Source: German TV yesterday, sea level 270 m

Max
clive of payia

Re: One of the reasons I left Germany for good....

Post by clive of payia »

Yes, Max. Many of us on this site served for many years in Western Germany in the BAOR and were well-acquainted with the weather, the beer and the Hamburg Reeperbahn. Happy days.
Mike.1940

Post by Mike.1940 »

Clive you forgot to mention the Bratwursts as well as the beer
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Post by cyprusmax47 »

I was never a huge beer consumer in Germany but I quite like a nice red wine which I can find here in Cyprus, even organic produced.(Tsangarides Vinery Lemona)
Concerning the "Bratwurst": Born in Nuremberg, hometown of the famous Nuremberger Bratwurst, luckily this type is available at Lidl Cyprus in quite a good quality since many years. So I enjoy them every second week or so at home.

Max