Nike - New England Strip.

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Firefly

Re: Nike - New England Strip.

Post by Firefly »

Miloman

Thank you.

That's the thing about the silent majority, they're exactly that, silent :(
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 12:11 pm Ah yes, WHL true to form. If you don't have a valid point of view, insult the poster, nothing changes there sadly.
I think i do have a valid point,, only Daily mail readers would get their knickers in a twist, over a non story like this, I was talking generally and I didn't mention any posters on here.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

I don't think that you do.

I don't read the Daily Mail, and you didn't have to mention any particular posters, we all know who you're having a pop at, as usual. It is not 'a non story', The Flag of St George, (no matter where he was born) is the English Flag, and I for one take exception to an American company messing with it. My country's flag isn't just for football, it's for England.

Incidentally, I have noticed that another lady poster, who you always went for, doesn't seem to post much any longer. Are you afraid to have a go at any men? Interesting.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.
WHL

Post by WHL »

Firefly wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:51 pm I don't think that you do.

I don't read the Daily Mail, and you didn't have to mention any particular posters, we all know who you're having a pop at, as usual. It is not 'a non story', The Flag of St George, (no matter where he was born) is the English Flag, and I for one take exception to an American company messing with it. My country's flag isn't just for football, it's for England.

Incidentally, I have noticed that another lady poster, who you always went for, doesn't seem to post much any longer. Are you afraid to have a go at any men? Interesting.
Dont blame the yanks, they work for the FA, so your anger should be directed at the FA.
As for your mumble jumble conspiracy theory's regards the forum, :lol:
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Firstly, I'm not angry.

Secondly, we will see from your future posts, whether or not I am correct.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

The English are moral, the English are good
And clever and modest and misunderstood!
Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Firefly wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:51 pm I don't think that you do.

Chaddy

Post by Chaddy »

Well said.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Miloman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:46 am I am amazed and saddened at some of the comments above. Dont get put off Firefly, i and many others of the silent majority are with you. My guess is that the true lovers of their country have kept quiet.
This would imply that they don't actually love their country that much. I mean, if they can't be arsed to post a comment on an online forum about something, what can they be arsed to do?

But anyway, this conversation had been trundling along quite nicely, with different opinions being raised and respected. Can we go back to that please?
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
Uncle D

Post by Uncle D »

Miloman wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:46 am I am amazed and saddened at some of the comments above. Dont get put off Firefly, i and many others of the silent majority are with you. My guess is that the true lovers of their country have kept quiet.
If you love something , why leave it for something else?
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Devil, you too jumping on the band wagon? I'm surprised.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

Firefly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:55 am Devil, you too jumping on the band wagon? I'm surprised.
All I did was to quote two lines from a popular song, at least popular, say, 40 years ago! My sincere apologies if those words offended you! :-( :-(
71 Trans Am

Post by 71 Trans Am »

Firefly may be too young to remember Flanders & Swann
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Firefly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:55 am Devil, you too jumping on the band wagon? I'm surprised.
If you really want to blame somebody for me not caring about the England Football Kit, blame the likes of the BNP for hijacking the Flag of St George and inspiring generations of people to associate it with the far right.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Sorry Devil, I'm not offended at all. However, I didn't connect it with Flanders and Swann, even though I do remember some of their songs. That being one example, of one that I don't know.

Dominic, how on earth could I blame someone else, for you, not caring about the English Flag? That said, as far as your point concerning the BNP goes, the same can be said for the Labour party, hijacking the Red Rose of Lancaster. My Dad wasn't happy about that one.
Dominic
Site Admin

Post by Dominic »

Firefly wrote: Wed Mar 27, 2024 6:51 pm Dominic, how on earth could I blame someone else, for you, not caring about the English Flag?
Simple. Idiots like them are the reason a lot of people don't have any particular urge to display the flag. And it is different from the Labour Party. They are guilty of plagiarism. The racist thugs aren't plagiarising anything.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Dominic

I don't know a lot about the BNP, but having 'Googled' them, all I can find as their flag is the Union Flag, not the Flag of St George.

If this is so, then your argument appears to be irrelevant.
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Post by Devil »

The union flag has St George's flag as an integral part. Ergo, you cannot separate the two.
Firefly

Post by Firefly »

Devil

I cannot agree, the crosses of St George, St Andrew and St Patrick were amalgamated to produce The union Flag, this is the flag of the United Kingdom.

The Cross of St George alone, is the Flag of England, no-one can change that.
WHL

Post by WHL »

I don't know how to post a picture on here, but if anyone is interested , google English defence league, and you will soon realise how the flag of St George is being used by filth like them.