Akamas Road Update

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
Dominic
Site Admin

Akamas Road Update

Post by Dominic »

They've been improving the road network in the Akamas over the last year or two, and it has not been without its share of controversy. The other day we went down to White Water Beach to see how much progress had been made, and what effect it was having on the local environment...

Read the article and chat about it below...

akamas-road-update_masthead.jpg
akamas-road-update_masthead.jpg (195.38 KiB) Viewed 513 times
Web Designer / Developer. Currently working on Paphos Life.
Living in Polemi, Cyprus with my wife and daughter.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: Akamas Road Update

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Your last few comments are exactly how I feel about the situation at Akamas.

"Why bother with renovating the Akamas roads at all? Who will benefit? People not interested won't suddenly have a change of heart. But people who like it how is at the moment might be put off visiting in future. There is a danger that the renovations could do more harm than good, and that is without even considering their environmental impact".

As long as they don't bring electricity and drinking water to the area it will be good enough how it is now in my opinion...

Max
Yioula

Post by Yioula »

Hopefully we won’t see TUI tourist coaches 🙏
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

From what I've read in the Cy Mail its some villagers who want to have a hand in exploiting its tourist potential. Think perhaps cafes, kiosks, restaurants, public loos etc at Lara.... never mind the poor turtles.... the road improvements so far look fine, will make access much easier for all kinds of vehicles though.