"Tris di pesce" at home

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

"Tris di pesce" at home

Post by cyprusmax47 »

As I prefer fish to meat and my last fish lunch at Timi Beach was already 3 days ago, I prepared some quick and easy food today.

I had fresh salmon filet in the fridge and frozen shrimps plus sole filets in the freezer, plenty enough for me as a fish meal.

Had only to peel cooked potatoes and put them in the same pan after the fish was ready cooked and removed in the same mix of olive oil and butter.

I put first the shrimps, then the sole in the pan, with turning, roughly 4 minutes by medium heat, added a pinch of thyme and removed them.
Now the salmon filet also on medium heat, but only 1,5 minutes each side.... ready. (42c)

As for an healthy extra I made as a side dish a Guacamole, Max receipe, with garlic, ginger, pepper, curry powder, vinegar, olive oil,

On all the food plenty of sea salt and pepper.

Max
Devil
Forum Curmudgeon

Re: "Tris di pesce" at home

Post by Devil »

with just one more potato, this would have been enough for me for three days!
cyprusmax47
Chief Cat Spotter

Re: "Tris di pesce" at home

Post by cyprusmax47 »

Devil wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 3:16 pm with just one more potato, this would have been enough for me for three days!
It depends what else you are eating the rest of the day.

For me it was the main dish after a breakfast of 1 slice of rye bread with butter, 75 gr Tilsit cheese, some cherry tomatoes, 1 banana cypriaka.
No snacking between, however some Kefir drink with 3 oat cookies to finish the day at 3 PM, before my 18 hour fasting starts.

Sorry, I did not mention the weight of the fish and potato on that plate: 125gr salmon, 100gr sole, 100gr shrimps which adds up to ca 60 gr protein and 300gr potatoes which are 55gr carbs and 260 kcal only. Most of my calories came from the Avocado dip though.

When you are getting older, one should have more proteins to avoid muscle shrinking. At least 0,8 gr protein/body weight, better 1 gr. !!

I try to eat and cook healthy nowadays unlike when I was younger and did not care too much. Beside 18:6 restricted eating times, I also reduced my carbs to 70-100/day. I lost 10 kg weight and body mass when I started this type of diet 2 years ago, but kept my weight exactly since then.

Max