GESY Registration

Discuss medical issues, and help each other navigate the available options for the Health Service in Cyprus.
Before following anybody's advice on here consider consulting your local doctor first.
harveywinning

GESY Registration

Post by harveywinning »

Can someone please explain in simple terms what steps to take in order to sign up to GESY. We asked at the GP surgery but can't say they were very helpful, we were was told that we need to get a white medical card first - but where do we get these from? Are they correct? We have MEU1, awaiting for the MEU3 (whatever its called now) to come through.
Uncle D

Re: GESY Registration

Post by Uncle D »

The white medical card is an S1, it comes from the UK, to qualify you need to be receiving a state pension, with that you will get free treatment but still need an MEU3 and be registered in Cyprus for tax purposes.
David
Dishonesty is the second best policy
DavidatLWH

Post by DavidatLWH »

The white medical card is NOT an S1. You get it from the Ministry of Health.

When completing the online form for entry to Gesy using an S1 route, there is no mention of a white medical card. But unless you get one and send a copy to the MoH, your application will sit in someones office forever.

So, harvey, if you're in possession os a UK state pension (you don't need it to be sent here), contact the DWP in the UK. Following a telephone conversation with them, they will send you the S1. You then go on to the GESY site and complete the online form and send a copy of it to Nicosia by post, along with a copy of your white medical card.

Good luck. The CY end can take a month or two.
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

harveywinning wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:29 pm Can someone please explain in simple terms what steps to take in order to sign up to GESY. We asked at the GP surgery but can't say they were very helpful, we were was told that we need to get a white medical card first - but where do we get these from? Are they correct? We have MEU1, awaiting for the MEU3 (whatever its called now) to come through.
Hi There (These are notes I made on a previous enquiry about registration which may help)

When I received my medical card after I had forwarded all the forms etc to Nicosia, I had to register also with my G.P and then she had to "approve" the application on "her system" otherwise I believe the status with the
GHS Beneficiary Management Department in Nicosia, Cyprus would just remain as "pending"

As soon as I received notification that my GP had approved my application, I also received an e-mail from ghs @gesy.org.cy
with a Verification Code in order to link my Beneficiary Portal account, to my Beneficiary Record. (meaning I could then access all my appointments etc on line)

I had my S1 form (sent from the Uk) and my yellow slip number at the time and that was all I needed

This was in June 2021, so things may have possibly altered depending on your own circumatances.

Hope things work out for you :