Shower Stool/Seat conundrum?

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
MacManiac

Shower Stool/Seat conundrum?

Post by MacManiac »

My darling wife had a fall at home three weeks ago and unfortunately broke her hip. Back from hospital now, we have a super nurse coming in every other day for help with ablutions and other female stuff, and a physiotherapist who visits twice a week for rehabilitation.

So far so good. We have had two grab handles fitted in the shower cubicle. But we have a problem regarding a shower stool or seat. The shower tray measures only 60cm x 60 cm, and everything we have looked at is too large or cumbersome. Ann must keep all weight off her left leg for another month. Something wall-mounted will not work due to the lack of space.

The shower has been more than adequate for the last ten years (and I weigh in at fifteen stones).

Does anyone have a suggestion?

We thought we had found something at https://www.procopioumedishop.com/shop_ ... k-folding/ but it was out of stock, and they were not reordering for some reason.
memory man

Re: Shower Stool/Seat conundrum?

Post by memory man »

Your local pharmacist might be able to help or give info.
Lincoln

Post by Lincoln »

Maybe you could try a small plastic outdoor type chair.?
All things are possible
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Thank you both. I’ve been in touch with our lovely local pharmacist but everything he suggested was too large. The idea of an outdoor stool or chair had us searching our outhouses but, again, not small enough or not high enough. If it fits the space, it’s too low. Grrh!
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Perhaps give Kath a phone call on 99 744936. She runs Verity Care which is located opposite Aspire School in Paphos.
Her site shows items that can be rented but she may have a contact where you can purchase a suitable item.
https://veritycare.cy/services/
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Another suggestion is to visit the Friends Hospice shop in Polis which also hires out mobility aids. Tel. 99121775.
A member of staff might have a contact for their suppliers.

Again in Polis, near the roundabout by the Petrolina petrol station is CN Paraquip (next door to C&A Hotel Apartments).
Tel. Chris on 99647669. Website: https://paraquip.com.cy/
Jamboal

Post by Jamboal »

Hi, I purchased a small shower stool for my sister in law who has MS and visits frequently, bought it from the disability shop opposite the general hospital. It fits perfectly in our guest room shower cubicle which is quite small.
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

Jamboal wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 6:48 am Hi, I purchased a small shower stool for my sister in law who has MS and visits frequently, bought it from the disability shop opposite the general hospital. It fits perfectly in our guest room shower cubicle which is quite small.
They no longer stock them. But thanks for the suggestion.
PolemIan

Post by PolemIan »

I have a shower stool with overall dimensions of 55x55x48 (W x H x D) with. Seat area of 32 x 24 which has been loanwd out a few times over the years. Max user weight is 150kg so pretty sturdy. Seat height can be adjusted between 35 and 53 cm.

If it’s suitable and you can get to Polemi, I’ll happily loan it out again.

Ian
MacManiac

Post by MacManiac »

PolemIan wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:43 pm I have a shower stool with overall dimensions of 55x55x48 (W x H x D) with. Seat area of 32 x 24 which has been loanwd out a few times over the years. Max user weight is 150kg so pretty sturdy. Seat height can be adjusted between 35 and 53 cm.

If it’s suitable and you can get to Polemi, I’ll happily loan it out again.

Ian
How thoughtful. Checking the dimensions, it is - unfortunately - too large. This is one of the strengths of this forum. Kind, considerate members trying to help one another. Thank you.
kansas

Post by kansas »

When my wife was unable to stand in the shower we bought a three legged, triangular shaped stool from Amazon DE for our small shower cubicle. It worked very well as it slotted into the corner leaving quite a lot of space.
memory man

Post by memory man »

Firefly

Post by Firefly »

MacManiac

Good luck with your search.

When I had a hip replaced some years ago, it was with the help of my friends in Cyprus, that I was loaned a couple of aids, by a member of CL as it was then. I'm sure that you will find what your wife needs. I wish her well.

Jackie
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.