Berengaria Hotel - October 2023 update

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
PhotoLady

Berengaria Hotel - October 2023 update

Post by PhotoLady »

The legendary Berengaria Hotel enters a new era - article 12 October 2023

I recently saw a post on one of the Cyprus facebook group pages regarding the "haunted" hotel.

This was how we last saw part of it from the top floor on Friday 13 May 2013 after taking a drive up from our home in Ypsonas.

Snippets from the recent article posted on philenews:
The revival of the hotel, which will provide all modern amenities, will become a reality thanks to the bbf Group and Thanos Hotels & Resorts, which is taking over the operation of the hotel. Work with structural strengthening and upgrading has been completed, while renovation work on the interiors and the construction of apartments and villas in the surrounding area is expected to proceed in early 2024. Completion of the mega project is expected in 2026 and is an investment of 35 million euros.

At a press conference held in a special area, the strategic management partnership for the new hotel was also announced by Thanos Hotels & Resorts, which will take over the operation of the hotel.
They're still saying they anticipate it will be completed midway through 2026.

Link to the article here: https://in-cyprus.philenews.com/local/t ... eo-photos/

What do you think it will do for Prodromos, itself?
It was always a quiet and quaint mountain village - not sure myself, if I'm convinced this is a good thing....
"Have Camera, Will Travel"
Yioula

Re: Berengaria Hotel - October 2023 update

Post by Yioula »

I think it will be an interest project The Thanos group owns some prestigious hotels and are involved with other exclusive projects
Hopefully it will introduce the right form of tourism into the Troodos Area I think Prodomos would benefit from the clientele not ever 5 star hotel clientele wishes glitz if they do they are very short sighted as the delights of this region is the authenticity and hopefully that will never change