Confliclting info re. paperwork for MUK3 biometric card

Chat with fellow forum users. No adverts or trade links in here please.
kansas

Confliclting info re. paperwork for MUK3 biometric card

Post by kansas »

Good morning

We've seen government paperwork which states that you only require to provide MEU3 and valid passport and copies of same when applying for the biometric card.

However, someone who recently got their card had to provide 5 years utility bills, bank statements, title deeds and marriage certificate even though these were originally provided to back-up the application for the MEU3.

Can someone who has recently applied for the biometric card confirm exactly what we have to provide as we would not like to attend the interview with the incorrect set of documents
trevnhil

Re: Confliclting info re. paperwork for MUK3 biometric card

Post by trevnhil »

Would it not be best to contact where you are going for an interview ?? It will not be much good saying someone on Paphos Life said I only needed these papers.
Trev..
kansas

Post by kansas »

Trev, We are sending emails to the Government office in Nicosia asking for an interview at Paphos Immigration office and asking this same question of them. So far no reply. That's why we've posted here, to gain from someone else's experience but definitely not to quote from Paphos Life......
fishbeardsunset

Post by fishbeardsunset »

kansas wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:57 am Trev, We are sending emails to the Government office in Nicosia asking for an interview at Paphos Immigration office and asking this same question of them. So far no reply. That's why we've posted here, to gain from someone else's experience but definitely not to quote from Paphos Life......
Hi there :D I went through the procedure to get my biometric card in March this year.
The website below and contact tel number is invaluable and will tell you precisely what you will need by way of all the documentation you require to complete your application.

In my case, as I have been living here since Aug 2016 I just had to fill out the MUKW3 application form which you can get from the link
below, plus supply 5 years or more proof of accounts held with the electricity board which they will do for you in the form of a statement for each account you may have held if you have moved from one residence to another for example-and they will stamp the documents (so no need to photo copy any electricity bill by the way!)

The only exception as in my case, where I had some time that I did not have an electricity bill in my name - I supplied a copy of my leasehold agreement showing the landlord's name and copies of my "Alien Insurance" as well as my passport of course.

My original "paper yellow slip" and a 30 euros fee which you hand to the immigration person who conducts the interview.
Again all the info on how you make an appointment is listed on this website:
https://crpg.com.cy/living-and-working- ... residency/

Once you get confirmation of your appointment, allow extra time to be seen, as the immigration Dept will will be busy- and sadly there are a lot of "agents" that do the work on behalf of individuals who pay them loads of money and often jump the queue so to speak, so that is why they are always running late and may not keep to the time stated for your appointment. Then you go into another room after your interview and get you photo and fingerprints taken..
They will give you your receipt number showing you have paid the fee then it is just a matter of calling them 3-4 weeks later to check the progress.
They are supposed to inform you by mail- from Nicosia but in my case they did not- and so when I called the Immigration Dept in Paphos was told my card was ready to collect 8-)

The whole process in my case took about 6-8 weeks but I have been told that the situation now, could certainly be much longer due to the large numbers of people going through the same situation as you, and for those that hold a yellow slip also wanting to get their biometric cards sooner rather than later

I hope this has been of some help to you although I do appreciate your circumstances will be different from mine
Regards and good Luck! ;)
tonee

Post by tonee »

Hi
Can I ask why people are changing to the new card now (which has a 10 year life) from MEU3 when theres nearly 3 years to do this(August 2026)?
trevnhil

Post by trevnhil »

I am not rushing to change mine. Although if you fly a lot the plastic card has to be easier to carry
Trev..
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

I exchanged my MEU3 document for the MUKW3 Biometric Card in May.
I took my Passport + copy, MEU3 + copy and €30.
Photograph and fingerprint done at the interview.
As per the instructions that accompanied the application form.
Sadie

Post by Sadie »

galexinda wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:00 pm I exchanged my MEU3 document for the MUKW3 Biometric Card in May.
So you didn’t need to provide utilities bills?
If you never ask the question, the answer will always be....no
fishbeardsunset

tonee wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:23 pm Hi
Can I ask why people are changing to the new card now (which has a 10 year life) from MEU3 when theres nearly 3 years to do this(August 2026)?

Holders of MEU documents (yellow slips)
"We strongly recommend that you request the MUKW residence biometric card. Whilst MEU documents remain valid, the MUKW biometric card shows that you have the rights defined within the Withdrawal Agreement. The biometric card is more durable and it will simplify administrative processes in Cyprus. It shows your right to enter Cyprus and exempts you from the European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) and visa requirements"
Kili01

Post by Kili01 »

I have changed to the new MUKW3 an EU form, and can only say that on my return to Cyprus a few days ago, I found having the plastic card instead of the old paper form was so much easier. The immigration officer also looked pleased when I produced mine. He even smiled. 'Ah you are resident here he said''. As I also travel to other EU countries when on holiday it will also be useful.

As regards docs which you might need at Paphos Immigration, be aware that it is known for having its own way of doing things! If in doubt take everything with you to the interview which you think might be asked for! Otherwise use an agent.
Dee
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

Sadie wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 5:35 am
galexinda wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 7:00 pm I exchanged my MEU3 document for the MUKW3 Biometric Card in May.
So you didn’t need to provide utilities bills?
Passport + MEU3 only.

The relevant clause is Section A4 of the Instructions and Information document that accompanies the application form when it is downloaded.
fishbeardsunset

Just for clarification:

There is a distinction between whether you are a MEU1, or MEU2 holder (yellow slip)
or holder of an (MEU3)

3. Holders of a Registration Certificate (MEU1) or a Residence Card (MEU2) can apply for a Permanent Residence Card, given that
they have resided in the Republic for an interrupted period of five years prior to the end of the transitional period and that they can
prove their uninterrupted residence by submitting relevant documents, or given that they complete five years of uninterrupted
residence before and after the transitional period. Document to be submitted during the application process: (including the application form MUKW3

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FROM MEU1, MEU2 HOLDERS:
Copy of MEU1, or MEU2
Valid passport and copies of the same

Water bills or electricity bills or any other bills (except phone bills) for the past 5 years that have been issued by the relevant
authority (or)

Bank statements for the past 5 years [or]

Monthly statements of Social Insurance contributions for the past 5 years (or)
Any other document which proves continued residence in the Republic of Cyprus for the past 5 years
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4. Holders of a Permanent Residence Certificate /Card (MEU3) can if the wish to convert their document into a Permanent Residence
Document, by submitting the following during the application process:
DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FROM MEU3 HOLDERS:
Copy of MEU3
Valid passport and copies of the same
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
kansas

Post by kansas »

Thank you all for your invaluable help, much appreciated. All we need now is the appointment!
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

When applying for an appointment for a MUKW3. Initially do you send an email with the contact details as listed on the page for arranging an appointment or complete and send the whole completed application as shown on the official application form. Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing.
Chris.
Jimgym

Post by Jimgym »

chris&pam wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2024 4:37 pm When applying for an appointment for a MUKW3. Initially do you send an email with the contact details as listed on the page for arranging an appointment or complete and send the whole completed application as shown on the official application form. Sorry if that sounds a bit confusing.
Chris.
When sending email you attach Word document with the following:

CHANGING MEU3 TO MUKW3

NAME :

DOB:

NATIONALITY:

PASSPORT NUMBER:

MEU3 NUMBER:( NO EXPIRY DATE)

DATE OF LAST ARRIVAL INTO CYPRUS:

TELEPHONE NUMBER:

FILE NUMBER (MEU3):

NUMBER OF APPLICANTS:

I sent my email 2 weeks ago, received a reply a week alter for an appointment towards end of May. You then take your completed form along with relevant documents, passport & MEU3 plus copies. Assuming that you are changing from 3 to a card.
kansas

Post by kansas »

Update: All went very smoothly. We sent off our email with all the relevant information required and received an appointment date for earlier this month. We arrived 20 minutes earlier than the appointment time, were seen within half an hour, had our photos and fingerprints taken. Very quick and efficient service. In our opinion it's best to get it done and dusted ASAP to avoid the rush at the last minute.
galexinda

Post by galexinda »

kansas wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:44 am Update: All went very smoothly. We sent off our email with all the relevant information required and received an appointment date for earlier this month. We arrived 20 minutes earlier than the appointment time, were seen within half an hour, had our photos and fingerprints taken. Very quick and efficient service. In our opinion it's best to get it done and dusted ASAP to avoid the rush at the last minute.
Thank you for the update - I agree it is best to change to the Biometric Card sooner rather than later.
So much nicer having the card - feels more official and acceptable than the yellow document.
chris&pam

Post by chris&pam »

Thanks Jimgym. Much appreciated.